Why Choose E-Learning?
Doing business is more challenging than ever. Resources are tight, competition is stiff, and the pace of change is accelerating. In this environment, organizations rise or fall based on the knowledge, skills, and adaptability of their workforce. Workforce education and training is thus a linchpin of sustainable competitive advantage.
The Advantages of E-Learning Over Traditional Training
Investment in employee training is a strategic imperative in today's environment. Increasingly, the training method of choice is elearning—training accessible through computers or mobile devices connected to the Internet or a private intranet. The reasons for the trend toward elearning are many:
- Because elearning does away with the need for travel, and because elearning content can be easily shared across large organizations, elearning often costs much less than traditional classroom-based training.
- Unlike traditional training materials, elearning resources can be rapidly updated and redistributed to keep up with changes in knowledge and the environment.
- Since elearning typically takes the form of self-paced, on demand training, it is far less disruptive of normal work routines than classroom-based training.
- Unlike classroom-based training, e learning can support "informal learning"—the just-enough, just-in-time, self-guided learning that workers employ while doing their regular work. Studies have shown that most workplace learning is of this informal type.
Skillsoft is a leading provider of elearning solutions. Here are just a few of the reasons that your organization should look to Skillsoft for your elearning needs:
- Clients worldwide trust Skillsoft to deliver accurate, timely, authoritative elearning content. More than 3,000 organizations with more than 10 million end users rely on Skillsoft for their elearning needs. TNS has rated Skillsoft number-one in customer satisfaction for the past three years in a row.
- Skillsoft offers a broad range of elearning content. Its catalog of courseware spans more than 6,000 online courses, in subject areas including information technology, desktop software, business skills development, and regulatory compliance. Beyond courseware, Skillsoft offers a host of engaging, rich media elearning resources including online reference collections, skill simulations, job aids, on-demand video libraries, instructor-led virtual classes, and tools to facilitate social learning. Skillsoft can meet your full range of workforce training needs, now and in the future.
- Skillsoft enables you to customize for yourself its off-the-shelf elearning resources, to best suit your particular organization. Skillsoft can also develop custom content on your behalf.
- Skillsoft's elearning resources can be deployed on our Skillport® LMS, or integrated with a third-party LMS. Skillsoft's suite of elearning tools includes technologies to facilitate the integration of disparate learning resources.