The Benefits of E Learning
Faced with increasingly complex and competitive operating environments, businesses large and small have come to view workforce training as critical to sustained success. For organizations wanting to prepare their employees for today's fast-developing challenges and opportunities, e learning—training and education delivered through the Internet or through a private intranet—offers significant advantages over traditional classroom-based training.
E Learning Beats Traditional Training
E learning delivers several key advantages compared to traditional training methods:
- E learning can be far less costly per student-hour than traditional classroom-based training due to the absence of travel and the ease of widely distributed content.
- E learning enables the delivery of standardized instruction across large, geographically distributed enterprises.
- E learning is effective, leveraging the latest pedagogical insights to deliver a learning experience that is self-directed, self-paced, and highly interactive.
- E learning resources can be rapidly and continually updated to keep pace with the ever-changing technical and economic environment.
- E learning is much less disruptive of work routines than traditional training because of its "anytime, anywhere" availability and its allowance for learner self-pacing.
- Unlike classroom training, e learning is supportive of "informal learning"—the improvised self-teaching that workers use while performing their day-to-day duties—and "mobile learning," whereby on-the-move employees use mobile devices to seek needed information.
Skillsoft Helps You Get the Most from E Learning
Skillsoft is a premier developer of e learning solutions. There are compelling reasons to choose Skillsoft as your e learning provider:
- Skillsoft is an established, trusted source of authoritative e learning content. More than 3,000 client organizations turn to Skillsoft for their online employee training needs. Skillsoft's online training solution has over 10 million end users.
- Skillsoft offers an unmatched breadth and depth of e learning content, with subject matter that ranges from IT certifications to business skills development to regulatory compliance training, as well as spanning training modes from e learning courseware to virtual classrooms, skills simulations, online reference libraries, and on-demand video. Skillsoft also offers a range of targeted packages to help you winnow down this wealth of content to meet your needs exactly.
- Skillsoft offers tools that you can use to customize the e learning content it provides, or to create your own custom content. Skillsoft can also create custom content for you.
- You can use Skillsoft learning resources on its enterprise-class LMS Skillport, or easily integrate its elearning resources with a third-party LMS. Skillsoft offers tools and services to assist with this integration.
- Skillsoft's customer support services are second to none—literally. Market research firm, TNS, has rated Skillsoft as number-one in customer satisfaction for the past three years in a row.
To learn more about Skillsoft's e learning products, solutions, and services, please visit the Skillsoft home page now.