By George Soltys
We are pleased to bring you a guest blog post today from George Soltys, who supports our relationship with the Department of Defense within our Public Sector Sales Team.
The US honors all military spouses on the Friday before Mother’s Day each year, and this year Skillsoft joins all Americans by offering recognition and thanks to all military spouses on National Military Spouse Day.
Military spouses endure exceptional levels of stress that is exclusively theirs. When the men and women of our armed services are deployed, it is their spouses, men and women both, who tackle the many daily challenges of family life on their own: the soccer games, yard work, doctor’s appointments and household bills. On top of that, they’re charged with keeping the lines of communication open with their deployed spouse, an important job that keeps both family and military members healthy in mind, body and spirit.
In recognition of the challenges they face, Skillsoft is pleased to join in the Department of Defense (DoD) initiative entitled My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA), a program that provides up to $6,000 of MyCAA Financial Assistance to eligible military spouses to help them pursue education, training, licenses, certificates and degrees through approved schools and education providers. The goals are employment and career enhancement in portable career fields such as information technology, human resources, business, management and financial services.
Many military spouses already may be familiar with SkillSoft as the e learning courseware and digital books provider for the US Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and many DoD and federal government agencies. And now through this program they will have access to a special offering designed to support their needs that includes over 2,800 e learning courses and 17,000 digital books. The MyCAA package covers:
- IT Certification Courseware (Networking, Databases, Project Management, Software Development, Web Design, Operating Systems, etc.)
- Business Communication Courseware (Sales & Customer Service Skills, Management, Leadership, Finance, HR, Administration, Interpersonal Communications, Business Writing , Time Management, etc.)
- Computer Desktop Skills Training (Microsoft Windows, Office, Adobe, Lotus, etc.)
- Finance (Accounting , Financial Services, Auditing, Risk Management, Planning & Budgeting, Investment Management, etc.)
- Health & Well-Being (Healthy Living, Work-Life Balance, Stress Management, Family, Parenting, Career Development, Weight Loss, Financial Planning, etc.)
Check out the MyCAA page for additional information on how to take advantage of this program, or feel free to contact the SkillSoft MyCAA program at email@example.com if you have any further questions.