By Shawn Quinlan, Director of HR, Skillsoft – Fredericton, Canada office
Every year in the Skillsoft office located in Fredericton, Canada, we have a friendly food drive competition to benefit the Fredericton Food Bank. To add incentive to the competition, I buy lunch for the team that brings in the heaviest average donation.
Wow! Our employees knocked it out of the park this year!
In total our offices contributed:
- 3110 pounds of non-perishable food items! (highest ever)
- $3848.80 in cash donations! (highest ever)
- $300 worth of turkeys will also contributed on behalf of our employees.
It is challenging to highlight everyone who contributed to this year’s initiative; however I would like to
recognize a few other notable accomplishments:
- Customer Support for bringing in over 900lbs of food!
- Inside Sales Account Managers who raised over $1230!
- Software Development who had large contributions of cash, and food, while also donated many pairs of handmade mittens!
- Inside Sales Team MacIsaac with over 740lbs of food donated!
I am also very pleased to share that Skillsoft presented a $500 food gift card to the Fredericton Community Kitchen.
I would like to thank everyone who contributed to making this event so successful!