By Charlie Voelker
The holidays are a busy time for retailers, and with the increase in purchases, comes an increase in the risk of identity theft and payment card fraud. For many merchants, the holiday season requires the hiring of temporary employees; yet, despite the “hustle and bustle,” retailers should not overlook the need to train employees – both temporary and full-time – on the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) requirements. With high-profile data breaches appearing in the media, consumers are looking for reassurance that their personal information and account details are safe when using payment cards.
Forgoing training not only increases the risk of negative publicity resulting from a security breach, but fines can reach as high as $500,000 per incident when a merchant is not PCI compliant.
The most important aspects of training during the holiday rush are rapid implementation and ease of delivery. Here are the top 5 reasons why Skillsoft’s PCI training is best-in-class for quick deployment and convenience for both learners and compliance training managers:
- Our compliance elearning solution is delivered as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), which means minimal burden on your IT department. For learners, accessing training is as simple as logging onto a computer or mobile device.
- We have a team dedicated to rapidly customizing your solution to include options such as your branding, executive messaging, and any specific objectives. We can also integrate your PCI-DSS policy and related resources into your course.
- Each customer is supported by a dedicated compliance solution consultant during program implementation and beyond.
- We offer both Tier 1 and Tier 2 support 24/7, 365. This further reduces the burden on your IT staff, because your end users can contact Skillsoft directly for any technical questions they may have.
- Our PCI content is developed, reviewed and updated by Potomac Law Group, which is comprised of more than 45 attorneys who are recognized experts in their fields. Potomac’s lawyers average 15 years at top national firms or as in-house counsel at major corporations. By partnering with an independent law firm, we ensure our content is accurate and up-to-date.
For more information about our PCI course or any other elearning content, visit: http://skillsoftcompliance.com.
Charlie Voelker, Esq. is the Legal Compliance Solution Manager at Skillsoft.
 PCI-DSS: Security – Penalties. University of California Santa Cruz. Accessed November 6, 2014.