The lights of Las Vegas shone more brightly last week as the Global Skillsoft Perspectives conference took effect. So many innovative announcements, great networking and inspiring insights were shared among the 1,000+ that attended, representing 627 organizations and 29 countries!
— SumTotal Systems (@SumTotalSystems) May 10, 2016
While it is hard to encapsulate so much into a short blog, here are the highlights:
- Bill Donoghue, Skillsoft’s CEO, shared our new strategy: to build beautiful technology, and produce engaging content that is ready for consumption in a digital world. It’s the heart of what we do as an organization, cascading into how our solutions are evolving. Do you think you know Skillsoft? We’re changing – rewiring the company for the millennial generation. Here’s a brief video that tells the new Skillsoft Story.
- We launched Skillport 8i which delivers a fresh, contemporary UX design with enhanced discoverability and improved search functionality.
- Skillsoft announced that its next-generation content delivery platform, Project Artisan, will be released early in 2017. Artisan will focus on world-class content delivery, curation, social learning and hyper personalization.
- SumTotal customers shared that the Winter 2016 version of learning and talent has helped them reach new levels of performance through a superior UX that is truly world-class. Winter 2016 is a huge milestone toward fulfilling our vision of the self-developing organization. Check out our cool new “Welcome to the Self-Developing Organization” 1-minute video here! We are also busy building a phenomenal new Talent Acquisition suite to support recruiting and onboarding. Timing could not be more ideal, given the severe talent attraction and induction challenges facing every industry.
- On the content side, Skillsoft will fast-track a 5-year build plan to deliver it in less than 12 months! Get ready for a complete redesign of our business and leadership content as well as significant enhancements in our IT, Digital Skills and Compliance portfolios. Short, sharp and video-based – perfect for time-pressed learners.
- Skillsoft also unveiled a new Learning and Talent Maturity Framework designed to help organizations chart a path toward higher levels of performance efficiency and effectiveness. The framework breaks down the unnecessary silos between talent and learning. Access the white paper and online diagnostic to see how you compare.
- The two keynotes dazzled attendees with powerful ideas and concepts that really challenged our thinking. Conference attendees took actionable tips home that can be applied immediately.
- The first keynote, Heidi Grant Halvorson, captivated the audience with her descriptions of the “Be Good” versus the “Get Better” mindset. Dr. Halvorson has uncovered ways to help people reach their goals by focusing less on past failures and more on what really matters: commitment, planning, effort, strategy, self-control and persistence.
- The second keynote was delivered via a live satellite broadcast directly from Las Vegas to countries all over the world. The speaker was Peter Diamandis, an international pioneer in the field of innovation, incentive competitions and commercial space. Peter serves as Chairman and CEO of the X PRIZE Foundation where he is working to open the space frontier for humanity. Peter’s inspiring message received a standing ovation.
- We also learned that corporate philanthropy doesn’t just encompass monetary donations. Through Kevin Etter, a UPS executive on loan to the GAVI Foundation, attendees discovered they can also contribute their own employee talents. Kevin’s stories in working with the GAVI Foundation triggered attendees to re-examine the way their organizations support non-profits.
- It’s also no secret that our customers have accomplished amazing success through their Skillsoft and SumTotal Systems partnerships! Congratulations to all the Innovation Award Winners. A special shout out to TCS for winning Program of the Year and to Sandi Wilson from Vectren for winning Talent Development Champion of the Year!
— Melynda Hilliard (@Melynda_H) May 10, 2016
While it is hard to convey the full Global Skillsoft Perspectives experience, our customers are invited to view the presentations through the Skillsoft Client Community and SumTotal Connect Community. You can also check out the conference’s Twitter feed – #Perspectives16 – to see photos and reactions from the sessions last week. If you are curious to learn more about any of these exciting highlights, reach out to your Skillsoft or SumTotal account teams—they would be happy to share.
Until next time!
– Kieran King, VP, Global Customer Insight, Skillsoft