One of my favourite conferences, Learning Technologies, is just around the corner. Taking place on February 13-14, Learning Tech is the must-attend conference for all HR and learning professionals.
With 150 free L&D seminars, 200 exhibitors and more than 8,500 attendees it is Europe’s leading showcase of organisational learning and the technology used to support learning at work. This year because it is now more popular than ever, Learning Technologies is moving to the ExCel, London, a major conference venue in the city with over 25 refreshment kiosks and easy access by road, rail and air.
Every year I leave Learning Technologies loaded with information about the future direction of our industry. I also feel energised about how our profession stays new and innovative to meet the learning demands of the everyday worker consistently. This year we’ll get all that plus, and this part makes me very excited, Skillsoft and SumTotal will be supporting Code First: Girls, a not-for-profit organisation that works with companies and with men and women directly, to help increase the number of women in tech.
Here are just a few highlights of Code First: Girls’ work:
- Over 6000+ women taught to code for free across the UK
- £4.2 million of free coding education delivered to date
- Running a 2020 Campaign with a goal of teaching 20,000 women to code by the end of 2020
As anyone who has attended Learning Technologies in the past knows, the seminar agenda and list of exhibitors is somewhat overwhelming. However, the organisers have grouped sessions into tracks making it easier to figure out where to go and whom to see. The agenda is available now for you to start your planning. As you look through it, I’d like to suggest some titles.
Edith Szendrodi, Communities Programmes Manager and Ewa Magiera, Head of Communities, Code First: Girls
I encourage everyone to attend: How do you encourage more diverse tech talent to join your business? on February 14th at 13:15 – 13:45 presented by Edith Szendrodi, Communities Programmes Manager and Ewa Magiera, Head of Communities, both from Code First: Girls.
I also invite you to attend two Skillsoft and SumTotal customer breakout sessions.
Gavin McQuillan, RBS
On Wednesday, February 13th Gavin McQuillan, Head of Learning & Development, Royal Bank of Scotland will present: L&D the RBS Perspective. In this session, Gavin will share how RBS is adapting its L&D approach to align with the current rapid pace of change.
Michael Redford, Mettler-Toledo
On Thursday, February 14th, Michael Redford, LMS Program Lead, Mettler-Toledo International Inc. will talk about: Learning Systems. Buying an LMS is easy. Implementing it and making it work for your organisation is not. In this session, you will hear practical lessons learned from the frontline of LMS implementation.
In between these talks, and as you walk around the rooms checking out all the different vendors and grabbing some freebies, please stop by stand H40. Have a chat or even better why not take a product demo from one of our Skillsoft or SumTotal Customer Success team?
Choose from one of our three award-winning solutions:
- Skillsoft learning content– Named to Training Industry’s 2018 Top 20 lists for IT Training Companies, Leadership Training, Online Learning Library, and Health and Safety Training; winner of Brandon Hall Group’s 2018 Gold Excellence Award in Leadership Development; and winner (Skillsoft Leadership Development Program) of Business Intelligence Group’s 2018 New Product of the Year in Enterprise Education, among others
- Percipio, the intelligent learning experience platform – Named a Top Learning Portal/LMS 2018 by Training Industry, winner of Best Software Product by the Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association, and winner of HRO Today’s TekTonic Award for Technology Disruption and Innovation, among others
- SumTotal suite for Human Capital Management – Named a 2018 Top Learning Portal/LMS by Training Industry, winner of a Brandon Hall Group Excellence Award for Best Advance in Integrated Talent Management, and winner of a Technology Services Industry Association Star Award for transformation of support services, among others
I do recommend booking your session with us as I know there are just so many stands and so many great opportunities that you don’t want to miss.
I look forward to seeing you all at the ExCel in February.
Agata Nowakowska is the Area Sales VP UK, Skillsoft EMEA