Skillsoft’s third annual India Perspectives will take place on May 16, 2019, in Mumbai. We carefully chose the theme, Accelerate Your Learning Workforce for Digital Transformation, to align with the impact of digital transformation on corporations and how it is driving the demand for continuous learning and the acquisition of new skill sets. Perspectives is a remarkable opportunity for our Indian customers and partners to come together and share the best practices, experience practical hands-on training, learn about the latest innovations from Skillsoft and SumTotal and much more!
Every year we aim to make our conference a bigger and better experience. The 2019 agenda is packed with exciting industry updates, guest presentations, customer panels and conversations with industry thought leaders. More than 20 speakers will share their best practices, updates, experiences and provide some hands-on training.
Here’s what to expect on May 16:
Skillsoft and SumTotal leader insight
- John Frederick, Skillsoft’s Chief Administrative Officer, will open the conference and offer an overview of what customers can expect from Skillsoft and SumTotal in the year ahead.
- Morné Swart, VP of Global Product Strategy, SumTotal, will explore how organisations must adopt a new approach to talent agility in an emerging workforce.
- Apratim Purakayastha, Chief Technology Officer, Skillsoft, will provide an update on what’s new and exciting with Percipio.
- Debasis Dutta, VP of Product Management, SumTotal, will address how best to understand the employee lifecycle.
- Mike Hendrickson, VP of Technology & Developer Products, Skillsoft, will explain why he believes technology is the key to a more equitable future.
We’ve got a special expert session by Stefaan van Hooydonk, Chief Learning Officer, Cognizant, who will share how Cognizant are preparing their employees for the digital economy. We will also hear from Janani Ravi, an ex-Googler, Stanford alumnus and co-founder of Loonycorn, will show how easy it is to put together sophisticated artificial intelligence (AI) models using the Azure ML Studio.
Perspectives is a user conference, so we want to make sure our customers are part of the event. The first executive insights panel, The Role of Learning in Cultural Transformation, hosted by Gurprriet Siingh, Senior Client Partner, Leadership and Talent Practice, Korn Ferry Hay Group, will feature HR, Learning & Development and talent heads from Aditya Birla Group, MullenLowe Lintas Group, Reliance Industries, and Welspun Group. The second panel, Transforming Learning – Stories from Practitioners, will be hosted by myself (Kamal Dutta) featuring talent head, L&D Head and VP of HR Tata Consultancy, Dr. Reddy’s Labs and Tata Group. Morné Swart will host a third panel discussion, Learning Drives Talent Development and Growth, which will feature Cognizant, Sun Pharma and BPCL. We also have a lineup of case studies presented by Skillsoft and SumTotal customers including JSW, RPG, NIIT Tech, Tata Steel and Hexaware.
I am looking forward to hearing Devdutt Pattanaik deliver his keynote speech, Getting Saraswati (Learning) Culture to Collaborate with Lakshmi (Earning) Culture. Devdutt is the bestselling author of books such My Gita, Jaya, Sita, Business Sutra and the 7 Secret Series. He was a speaker at TEDIndia 2009. His television shows include Business Sutra on CNBC-TV18 and Devlok on Epic TV. Devdutt also consults with organizations on culture, diversity, and leadership and writes on the relevance of mythology in modern times, especially in areas of management, governance, and leadership.
India Innovation Awards
These awards celebrate customer and partner successes in learning and development, talent management and workforce management. There are five categories this year:
- Talent Development Champion of the Year: Skillsoft and SumTotal
- Program of the Year: Skillsoft and SumTotal
- Creating an Impact: Leadership Development, IT Skills, and Development, Business & Human Capital Management
- Thinking Big: Small and Medium Businesses: Skillsoft and SumTotal
- Debut of the Year: Recognizing customers with outstanding innovation
The complete agenda is now available.
Book your place today, and I look forward to seeing you there.
Kamal Dutta is the Managing Director at Skillsoft and SumTotal, India.