The Future of Tech and Dev Learning: Codecademy Content is Now Integrated Into Skillsoft Percipio
The events of the past two years have made it apparent that every company is a technology company, and their success depends on the pace and skills required to rapidly innovate and meet customers’ needs and employees’ expectations. But the rate of technological change is outpacing organizations’ ability to upskill and reskill their workforce, leaving a dire need for new skills across disciplines like programming, data analytics, cloud computing, cybersecurity, and many other critical technology areas.
According to the World Economic Forum, closing the global skills gap could add $11.5 trillion to global GDP by 2028. Yet, in the technology space, as Skillsoft's Global Knowledge IT Skills and Salary Report found, 76 percent of IT decision makers worldwide are facing critical skills gaps in their departments – a 145 percent increase since 2016.
A large skills gap looms in technology
Why is there such a large chasm between the demand and reality for technical skills? A few reasons:
- The pace. The rapid pace at which technology constantly changes is a major forcing function behind the need to reskill and upskill employees. The more powerful and productive technology becomes, the faster it will continue to evolve.
- The curve. There’s a learning curve. For example, a developer who can code in one language can’t immediately transfer that skill to another programming language. There is a significant learning curve even for experienced professionals working in a new language or application.
- The environment. Learning technical skills like programming is a hands-on experience. You can’t learn to do this solely by reading books or watching others—you must learn by doing. The truth is that the lessons that stick the best are often ones we learn by trial and error. For organizations hoping to train their teams, this creates something of a double-edged sword. You want your employees to learn new skills, but you don’t want them making mistakes on critical projects. Organizations need an affordable, immersive practice environment — and they need someone else to provide it because more likely than not, they don’t have the resources to build and maintain it.
Learning that lasts
With this in mind, Skillsoft is integrating Codecademy content into its Percipio platform to give organizations access to Codecademy’s immersive, self-paced interactive learning environment. The result empowers programming and data professionals to expand their learning experience within a safe, low-stakes, multimodal setting while applying newly acquired technical skills in real-time.
Paired with Skillsoft’s expansive set of learning options, including virtual instructor-led training, coaching, videos, books, bootcamps, live events, practice labs, assessments, and badges, Percipio offers the tools organizations need to close skills gaps, increase performance, and fuel growth.
What is being added?
Now delivered through Skillsoft Percipio, these courses are bolstered by additional administrative and planning benefits, as well as links to critical tools like Benchmark Assessments that allow you to rate your level of proficiency in a particular skill and see where you can grow.
What are the benefits?
Below are just a few of the benefits of Codecademy courses being integrated into Skillsoft Percipio:
- There are more ways to learn. With an integrated curriculum across all forms of learning, there are more ways to learn to meet the needs of the entire team.
- It goes beyond the technical. Percipio offers content focused on collaboration skills to improve performance, including communication, project management, leadership, mental health, and more.
- It’s content you can trust. Our curated content has been vetted by subject matter experts and is proven to build durable competencies.
- It’s personalized for you. We use a learning technique called spaced repetition principles to create personalized practice experiences. By reintroducing programming concepts at intervals and collecting the learner’s data on how well they’re retaining those concepts, we can use an algorithm to determine what needs more practice and when. Then, we curate practice questions based on their individual progress.
For organizations looking for that safe, technical learning environment to reskill and upskill their employees, look no further. Get started with Codecademy content on Skillsoft Percipio today by requesting a demo.