AutoCAD : Professional Tips and Techniques
- 4h 47m
- Lynn Allen, Scott Onstott
Two AutoCAD experts distill years of combined experience into hundreds of the most useful AutoCAD tips and techniques you'll ever find. Fun, easy to read, and packed with information, this beautiful guide equips you with inside tricks on critical AutoCAD features and functions—all in fast, easy-to-digest nuggets. Discover keyboard shortcuts and little-known system variables or punch up your style with expert tips on visualizing, publishing, and 3D modeling. No matter what your experience level, you're sure to increase productivity and master professional-level techniques with this lively, practical book.
- Tweak Windows and AutoCAD to get the UI you want
- Handle layers and select objects like a pro
- Create dimensions, hatch patterns, and text correctly the first time
- Comprehend the complexities of Sheet Sets and Paperspace
- Unleash the power of dynamic blocks
- Get visualization tips from the experts
- Plot or publish in the background while you keep drawing
- Take control of AutoCAD with customization techniques
- Master the friendly new world of 3D in AutoCAD 2007
About the Authors
Lynn Allen is Autodesk's technical evangelist and speaks to more than 30,000 AutoCAD users worldwide each year. She also writes a popular column in Cadalyst magazine, maintains a very popular AutoCAD-related blog, has authored several AutoCAD books, and taught at the university level for 14 years.
Scott Onstott is a book and video author, former university instructor, technical editor, and consultant. Scott is an Autodesk Authorized Author and has contributed to over two dozen books and videos on AutoCAD, Architectural Desktop, VIZ Render, Revit, 3ds Max, VIZ, Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver. He most recently wrote Mastering Architectural Desktop 2006.
In this Book
Arranging the AutoCAD User Interface
Drawing and Editing
Layouts and Sheets
Plotting and Publishing