Create Web Charts with jqPlot
- 3h 9m
- Fabio Nelli
Create Web Charts with jqPlot shows how to convert your data into eye-catching, innovative, animated, and highly interactive browser-based charts. This book is suitable for developers of all experience levels and needs: for those who love fast and effective solutions, you can use the jqPlot library to generate charts with amazing effects and animations using only a few lines of code.
By the end of the book, you will have a good knowledge of all the elements needed to manage data from every possible source, from high-end scientific instruments to Arduino boards, from simple HTML tables to structured JSON files, and from Matlab calculations to reports in Excel. You will be able to provide cutting-edge charts exploiting the growing power of modern browsers.
- Create all kinds of charts using the latest technologies available on browsers
- Full of step-by-step examples, Create Web Charts with jqPlot introduces you gradually to all aspects of chart development, from the data source to the choice of which solution to apply.
- This book provides a number of tools that can be the starting point for any project requiring graphical representations of data, whether using commercial libraries or your own
What you’ll learn
- Learn the jqPlot basics.
- Discover which charts can best represent your data.
- Switch from a vision of a chart sent from a server as a static image to a highly dynamic one, in which the user is able to interact in real time.
- Perform input data manipulation to increase chart readability.
Who this book is for
Create Web Charts with jqPlot is for developers at all levels interested in data visualization, and ready to embrace modern web standards and animate and display their data with powerful, cutting-edge technologies.
About the Author
Fabio Nelli, is an IT Scientific Application Specialist at IRBM Science Park, a private research center in Pomezia, Roma (Italy). He has been a computer consultant for many years at IBM, EDS, Merck Sharp, and Dohme, along with several banks and insurance companies.
He has an Organic Chemistry degree and many years of experience in Information technologies and Automation systems applied to Life Sciences (Tech Specialist at Beckman Coulter Italy and Spain).
He is currently developing Java applications that interface Oracle databases with scientific instrumentations generating data and web server applications providing analysis of the results to researchers in real time.
In this Book
Charting Technology Overview
Line Charts with jqPlot
Bar Charts with jqPlot
Pie Charts and Donut Charts with jqPlot
Candlestick Charts with jqPlot
Scatter Charts and Bubble Charts with jqPlot
Funnel Charts with jqPlot
Adding Controls to Charts
Embedding jqPlot Charts in jQuery Widgets
Handling Input Data