Goals-Based Investing: A Visionary Framework for Wealth Management
- 3h 16m
- Tony Davidow
The wealth management industry has undergone a major transformation over the last decade, including increased concerns and skepticism from investors, the growth of robo-advisors, product evolution, and an evolving value proposition―in addition to geopolitical risks, increased correlation across asset classes, changing demographics, and social tensions. Concepts like “Modern Portfolio Theory” aren’t modern anymore, and even Post-Modern Portfolio Theory has become passé.
To succeed in today’s complex, uncertain world of investing, you need go beyond plain vanilla stocks, bonds, and mutual funds and embrace the latest investing tools and techniques. Goals-Based Investing is an unparalleled guide to:
- The limitations of modern portfolio theory
- Behavioral finance–overcoming biases
- The role and use of alternative investments in building better portfolios
- The growth of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) from “cheap beta” to “smart beta”
- Sustainable investing, also known as environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing
- Adopting a goals-based investing approach
- The future of wealth management
Investing products have evolved significantly over the past two decades, making it easier than ever for advisors and investors to access various segments of the market and unique asset classes.
Goals-Based Investing examines product evolution and discusses how to use these tools to achieve your goals. With this forward-looking, one-of-a-kind investing guide, you have everything you need to navigate the investing jungle, avoid landmines, and achieve your long-term goals and objectives.
In this Book
The State of the Financial Services Industry
The Evolution of Wealth Management
Becoming a Behavioral Coach
Challenging Modern Portfolio Theory
Incorporating Active and Passive Strategies
The Role and Use of Alternative Investments
Innovations in Private Markets
The Future of Wealth Management