Oracle Database 12C Release 2 Testing Tools and Techniques for Performance and Scalability
- 4h 27m
- Bert Scalzo, Deiby Gómez, Jim Czuprynski
- Oracle Press
Master Oracle Database 12c Release 2 testing and tuning
Seamlessly transition to Oracle Database 12c Release 2 and achieve peak performance using the step-by-step instruction and best practices contained in this Oracle Press guide. Written by a team of Oracle ACEs, Oracle Database 12c Release 2 Testing Tools and Techniques for Performance and Scalability clearly explains how to identify, investigate, and resolve performance issues. You will discover how to use troubleshooting tools and test rigs, optimize code and queries, evaluate database performance, perform realistic application testing, capture and replay actual production workloads, and employ Oracle Database In-Memory.
- Establish benchmarks and evaluate application workload performance
- Configure and deploy SQL Tuning Advisor and SQL Access Advisor
- Maximize efficiency using Oracle Database In-Memory and In-Memory Advisor
- Identify and repair poorly running code with SQL Monitor
- Uncover database problems using Real-Time ADDM and Emergency Monitoring
- Work with database workload capture and replay
- Analyze third-party code with Workload Intelligence
- Identify database objects that will benefit most from In-Memory Column Store (IMCS)
- Monitor and manage IMCS objects with In-Memory Central
About the Authors
Jim Czuprynski is an Oracle ACE Director and Certified Master with over 35 years of experience in information technology. He is currently an Oracle database consultant.
Deiby Gomez is an Oracle ACE Director with certifications like Oracle Certified Master 11g and Oracle Certified Master 12c. He is a frequent speaker in important events of Oracle around the world.
Bert Scalzo is an Oracle ACE, speaker, consultant, and senior product manager for database tools at Idera. He spent 15 years architecting DBA features for the popular Toad product line.
In this Book
Presenting Tools for Tuning
SQL Tuning Sets and Tuning Advisor
SQL Access Advisor
SQL Plan Management
Real-Time Operations Monitoring
Real-Time ADDM and Emergency Monitoring
SQL Performance Analyzer
Database Workload Capture and Workload Intelligence
Database Workload Replay
Database In-Memory Advisor