Spring Boot and Single-Page Applications: Integrate Your Microservice Securely with Your Single-Page Application
- Jens Boje
- Jens Boje
Learn to integrate your Spring Boot application with a single-page application securely in an actionable and hands-on approach within just a few hours!
In this custom tailored learning plan you get a head start and learn 4 commonly used ways to integrate your Spring Boot backend with your single-page application and secure it.
In just a few hours, you will know how to implement 4 different types of integration and are ready to make better decisions when applying these principles in your context. You've been there and done that already while other developers are still wading through hundreds of pages of a fluffy compendium and still having no clue of how to solve the problem.
You learn best by coding. The way I love learning too.
What you will build:
We'll put a single-page application written in Angular 4 and Typescript as an Admin UI on top of the microservice built in my book "Spring Boot: How To Get Started and Build a Microservice". However, you do NOT need to know or own the other book. We will extend it with a single operation which teaches how to implement Pagination and integrate it with a single-page application securely in 4 different ways.
The focus is on the integration and security on the side of Spring Boot.
What you will learn:
- How to secure your API in Spring Boot 1.5.x (Works with 2.0 too)
- How to use pagination for huge lists in your API
- How to protect your API with basic auth
- How to use Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) with Spring Boot
- How to implement JSON Web Tokens (JWT) in Spring Security
- How to use stateful authentication for your API and UI
- How to protect your application against Cross-Site-Request-Forgery (CSRF)
- How to make better decission when to use which integration type
This book is for you when
- you have a basic understanding of Spring Boot and want to add a UI on top
- when you are new to single-page applications with Spring backends
- you read my Spring Boot starting book and want to continue learning
It is NOT for you if
- you like reading fluffy compendiums
- you have not worked with Spring Boot (learn Spring Boot with my other book and come back)
- you don't know the Java language at all
If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact me using the email address at the end of the book. I am glad to help.
About the Author
Actionable information that can change your life for the price of a pizza but lasts much longer.
Jens is a software architect, developer, father of a wonderful daughter, husband to a marvelous wife and minimalist. He loves exploring new things and making life better.
What he does not like are dogmatic beliefs, people stuck in dogmas and forcing themselves upon others.
He blogs about programming at codeboje.de and relaxation and personal development at how-to-relax.com.
In this Book
Our Single-Page Application Using Angular 4
Four Ways of Integration
Stateless Microservice with Basic Auth and CORS
Stateless Microservice with JWT Auth and CORS
Stateful Microservice with Form Auth, CSRF, and CORS
Stateful Microservice with SPA Integrated