Who is protected?
All employees, including independent contractors, who work for businesses in New York City.
What are the employer’s training responsibilities?
Under Local Law 96 of 2018 and Local Law 95 of 2018, employers with 15 or more
employees are required to:
- Conduct annual sexual harassment prevention training for all employees starting April 1, 2019. New hires must be trained within 90 days of hire date.
- Keep a record of all trainings, including a signed employee acknowledgement
- Conspicuously display the Stop Sexual Harassment Act Notice in both English and Spanish
- Distribute a Stop Sexual Harassment Act Factsheet to individual employees.
How can Skillsoft Compliance Solutions help?
With a full suite of anti-harassment training courses, Skillsoft Compliance Solutions helps organizations educate their employees to understand, prevent, and respond to the various forms of harassment prohibited by the law.
New York City Compliance Training Courses:
Courses can be customized to address additional organizational requirements and are available in Latin American Spanish.
Easily address the NYC standards with the necessary tracking, reporting, and material distribution capabilities of:
- Skillsoft Certitude: Policy documentation management tool to deploy materials and capture employees’ attestations with electronic signatures.
- Percipio Compliance: Advanced learning management system (LMS) with access to audit-ready tracking and reporting,
NOTE: Skillsoft is currently developing an all-new solution for New York State that will address the recently-enacted Senate Bill S6577. More information will be available soon.
Additional anti-harassment training courses are also available to cover global locations such as Australia, Canada, India, and New Zealand, as well as US federal law and other US states including California, Connecticut, Delaware, New York and Maine. We are actively monitoring changes to regional regulations, and currently developing an Illinois specific course to meet the new training mandate.