Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for New York City
Your Compliance PartnerTalk to our experts
New York City’s Stop Sexual Harassment in NYC Act is aimed at addressing and preventing sexual harassment in the workplace.
Is your current training program compliant with this new legislation? Let Skillsoft Compliance Solutions help.
Comply with New York City anti-harassment training requirements
Who is protected?
All employees, including independent contractors, who work for businesses in New York City.
What are the employer’s training responsibilities?
- Conduct annual sexual harassment prevention training for all employees starting April 1, 2019. New hires must be trained within 90 days of hire date.
- Keep a record of all trainings, including a signed employee acknowledgement
- Conspicuously display the Stop Sexual Harassment Act Notice in both English and Spanish
- Distribute a Stop Sexual Harassment Act Factsheet to individual employees.
How can Skillsoft Compliance Solutions help?
With a full suite of anti-harassment training courses, Skillsoft Compliance Solutions helps organizations educate their employees to understand, prevent, and respond to the various forms of harassment prohibited by the law.
New York City Compliance Training Courses:
- Workplace Harassment Prevention for Managers, State of New York and NYC
- Workplace Harassment Prevention for Employees, State of New York and NYC
Courses can be customized to address additional organizational requirements and are available in Latin American Spanish.
Easily address the NYC standards with the necessary tracking, reporting, and material distribution capabilities of:
- Skillsoft Certitude: Policy documentation management tool to deploy materials and capture employees’ attestations with electronic signatures.
- Percipio Compliance: Advanced learning management system (LMS) with access to audit-ready tracking and reporting,
NOTE: Skillsoft is currently developing an all-new solution for New York State that will address the recently-enacted Senate Bill S6577. More information will be available soon.
Additional anti-harassment training courses are also available to cover global locations such as Australia, Canada, India, and New Zealand, as well as US federal law and other US states including California, Connecticut, Delaware, New York and Maine. We are actively monitoring changes to regional regulations, and currently developing an Illinois specific course to meet the new training mandate.