MCSA Certification Training Courses
Whether you plan to take the official exams or not, taking an MCSA certification training course will equip you with in-demand IT skills. Furthermore, an MCSA training course can provide instruction on legacy systems. Microsoft retires certifications for legacy versions of software, such as Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2008, even though many organizations may still be using these.
Skillsoft offers extensive resources geared toward MCSA certification training. Expert-led online courses, books, virtual labs, and practice tests on all of the above topics are included in our IT portfolio.
What is MCSA Certification?
MCSA, or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, is a type of certification issued by Microsoft to IT professionals who have passed a series of official vendor-issued exams.
MCSA certifications are a trusted industry standard for measuring proficiency in Microsoft products, and are a helpful benchmark for skills assessment in IT hiring and promotion decisions.
In the context of other Microsoft certifications, an MCSA is a beginner-level certification. It is more advanced than an MTA, and a prerequisite of an MCSE.
How to get an MCSA Certification
MCSA certifications are issued exclusively by Microsoft upon completion of the requisite exams for a particular specialty. MCSA certifications do not expire, so you do not need to take a recertification exam as you would for an MCSE or MCSD. After studying for the certification, you can sign up to sit the exams on Microsoft’s certification exam page.
Types of MCSA Certifications
Here are some of the top, in-demand MCSA certifications.
MCSA Windows Server 2016
The Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2012 MCSAs prepare you to configure and administrate computer networks on those respective systems. To earn this, you must pass these 3 Microsoft exams:
- Installation, Storage, and computer with Windows Server 2016 – #70-740
- Networking with Windows Server 2016 – #70-741
- Identity with Windows Server 2016 – #70-742
MCSA Windows Server 2012
To earn this, you must pass these 3 Microsoft exams:
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 – #70-410
- Administering Windows Server 2012 – #70-411
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services – #70-412
MCSA Windows 10
The MCSA Windows 10 certification equips you with the skills to provide technical support for devices running Windows 10. To earn this, you must pass these 2 Microsoft exams:
- Installing and Configuring Windows 10 – #70-698
- Configuring Windows Devices – #70-697
MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014
A MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014 certification prepares you for database analysis or database management roles. To earn this, you must pass these 3 Microsoft exams:
- Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – #70-461
- Administering a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Database – #70-462
- Implementing Data Warehouses with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – #70-463
MCSA Web Applications
- Programming in C# – #70-483
- Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications – #70-486
MCSA Universal Windows Platform
The MCSA Universal Windows Platform certification is helpful for software and mobile app developers. To earn this, you must pass these 3 Microsoft exams:
- Programming in C# – #70-483
- Developing Mobile Apps – #70-357