SkillSoft Announces 2012 SkillSoft Perspectives Innovation in Learning Awards
U.S. Army, Progressive Insurance, Stanley Black & Decker, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Suncorp, The Economical Insurance Group, TELUS, OpenText and Carrington Holding Company Recognized for Innovation & Learning Success
ORLANDO, Fla. & NASHUA, N.H.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–SkillSoft today announced the winners of its 2012 SkillSoft Perspectives Innovation in Learning Awards at its annual user conference being held this week in Orlando, FL. The winners, which include the U.S. Army, Progressive Insurance, Stanley Black & Decker and others, demonstrate how SkillSoft’s learning solutions are enabling organizations to improve their performance through a diverse set of innovative learning programs. SkillSoft is a pioneer in the field of learning with a long history of innovation, and provides cloud-based learning solutions for its customers worldwide, ranging from global enterprises, government, and education to mid-sized and small businesses. The 2012 SkillSoft Perspectives User Conference is a live and interactive forum for SkillSoft customers to gather and discuss innovations in the learning industry.
The awards were judged by an independent panel of industry experts, including Mollie Lombardi of Aberdeen Group, Cushing Anderson of IDC, Jeanne Meister of FutureWorkplace.com, Debbie Bolla of HRO Today, Bill Brandon of Learning Solutions Magazine, Andrew McIlvaine of Human Resource Executive, Susan Nash of eLearning Queen, Lance Haun of Your HR Guy and Life Between the Brackets, and Mike Prokopeak of Human Capital Media.
The 2012 SkillSoft Perspectives User Conference brings together over 1000 attendees from a variety of business, governmental and educational entities to network and discuss how to link learning to business goals. SkillSoft annually honors several notable companies for their significant achievements in learning, recognizing innovative ideas and inspiring leaders who are helping to transform the learning landscape.
Share on Twitter
— SkillSoft (@SkillSoft) May 2, 2012
„We are proud to work with this impressive group of organizations and individuals who strive to fully incorporate learning into their businesses and everyday life,“ said John Ambrose, senior vice president, strategy, corporate development and emerging business, SkillSoft. „We look forward to seeing where they take learning next, as they are constantly improving and transforming the traditional approach to talent management, employee training and leadership development.“
The 2012 SkillSoft Perspectives awards categories and winners are:
- Effective E-Learning in Emerging Business: Carrington Holding Company was recognized for creating a comprehensive learning platform that enabled customized programs to be developed and deployed across multiple business units and multiple locations. The company has adapted its learning and development approach to meet the needs of all levels of employees in the fast-paced and evolving landscape of a growing company. An Honorable Mention was awarded to BCLC.
- Best IT Training: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) was honored for their comprehensive IT training program, designed to cater to their IT professionals‘ demanding and unpredictable schedules. As a government funded research organization, maintaining a high-caliber workforce is essential to LLNL delivering on its national security mission. They leverage their IT training program to effectively address the complexities of technology while keeping pace with the ever changing standards and systems.
- Empowering Learning Cultures in the Enterprise: Suncorp was recognized for the full integration of their learning program and their success in making it engrained in the fabric of their enterprise. They have successfully embedded it into their work flow for maximum impact, empowering employees to take charge of their professional development in a measurable way.
- Best Custom Design: Stanley Black & Decker was recognized for their partnership with SkillSoft’s custom solutions group and their achievements in tailoring content and resources to their specific audience and needs, developing innovative, engaging learning assets that solve their unique, strategic business problems.
- Inspiring Leadership Development: The Economical Insurance Group was honored for their effective leadership development program that successfully inspires leaders at all levels of the company to enhance employee engagement and productivity. This blended leadership development program has proven to successfully empower Economical’s leaders to build their people leadership skills and drive results. An Honorable Mention was awarded to CompuCom.
- Innovative Collaboration in Learning: OpenText was recognized for their successful incorporation of social components into their learning program. The software company has successfully integrated its collaborative tools into its leadership program, enabling employees to share experiences and discuss how to apply their newly acquired leadership knowledge on the job.
- Enhancing Learning with Services: Progressive’s IT university was honored for their collaboration with SkillSoft services teams and their success in leveraging the teams‘ analysis to achieve consistent senior manager involvement across the IT organization.
- Learning Champion of the Year: Dan Pontefract, senior director and head of learning and collaboration at TELUS, was honored for his individual contributions to their learning program. Pontefract has been a critical player in TELUS‘ shift to a social, informal and formal learning and collaboration model, and has helped drive a culture of collaboration and engagement across the organization. An Honorable Mention was awarded to Joel Cataldo of Arrow Electronics.
- Program of the Year: The United States Army was recognized for developing and implementing an integrated, multi-faceted global learning program that delivered measurable, successful results. For the fourth year in a row, the U.S. Army has been recognized for their e-learning program which utilizes SkillSoft courseware and inGenius social learning to help the armed forces develop the skills needed both to perform in their current roles and to pursue job opportunities following active duty. Also, an Honorable Mention was awarded to Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD).
For more information on the 2012 SkillSoft Perspectives Innovations Award winners please visit http://perspectives.skillsoft.com/2012/index.asp?id=awardsoverview.
SkillSoft is a pioneer in the field of learning with a long history of innovation. SkillSoft provides cloud based learning solutions for its customers worldwide, ranging from global enterprises, government, and education to mid-sized and small businesses. SkillSoft’s customer support teams draw on a wealth of in-house experience and a comprehensive learning e-library to develop off-the-shelf and custom learning programs tailored to cost-effectively meet customer needs. SkillSoft’s courses, books and videos have been developed by industry leading learning experts to ensure that they maximize business skills, and performance, and talent development.
SkillSoft currently serves over 5,000 customers and more than 13,000,000 learners around the world. SkillSoft is on the web at www.skillsoft.com.
SkillSoft courseware content described herein is for information purposes only and is subject to change without notice. SkillSoft has no obligation or commitment to develop or deliver any future release, upgrade, feature, enhancement or function described in this press release except as specifically set forth in a written agreement.
SkillSoft, the SkillSoft logo, SkillPort, Search & Learn, SkillChoice, Books24x7, ITPro, BusinessPro, OfficeEssentials, GovEssentials, EngineeringPro, FinancePro, AnalystPerspectives, ExecSummaries, ExecBlueprints, Express Guide, Dialogue and inGenius are trademarks or registered trademarks of SkillSoft Ireland Limited in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.