Percipio Surpasses 1,000 Customers in its First Year
Intelligent learning platform received numerous accolades for technology innovation and delivering learning in the flow of work
BOSTON, June 26, 2018 — Skillsoft, the global leader in corporate learning, today announced that its intelligent learning platform, Percipio, surpassed 1,000 customers in its first year. Launched in May 2017, Percipio’s intuitive, highly visual and personalized design engages multi-generational learners with experiences consumers have come to expect from brands like Google, Amazon and Netflix.
In the process of pioneering a new category called Learning Experience Platforms, Skillsoft used Agile development and input from numerous global brands to consistently deliver innovation that has been embraced by customers in all industries and all regions of the world. Key updates to Percipio since the launch include:
- Personalization drives usage, engagement and accelerates learning by offering more control over the content and user experience. Percipioprovides recommendations to each learner based on their interests, which appear on their homepage and are formatted for easy content discovery and one-click access.
- Opening the platform enables content aggregation functionality, which allows all types of content to be delivered across the organization, including custom, third-party and Skillsoft’s award-winning, multi-modal content and creating custom channels.
- Customizing the platform with a company’s branding, including logo, colors and imagery enable organizations to deliver a more relevant and shared experience for their learners.
- Percipio ELSA (Embedded Learning Synchronized Assistant)provides just-in-time, contextual learning by allowing users to easily access and consume content from Percipio directly in their natural workflow via a browser plug-in.
- Percipio Implementation and Customer Channel Curation Services help customers deliver value more quickly when launching their Percipio site. Implementation Services accelerate the deployment of Percipio for organizations. Percipio Custom Channel Curation Services allows organizations to create customized content channels that are both tailored to engage their learners and aligned with key business objectives.
- Percipio Compliance adds compliance courseware and assessments, complex completion rules, real-time tracking, and customization and localization into 40 languages. Centralizing an organization’s entire learning program on one platform allows learners to use Percipio to take required compliance training as well as benefit from Skillsoft’s, company-owned and third-party content to build critical skills and competencies.
Percipio’s myriad innovations in corporate learning resulted in numerous awards and accolades:
- ATD Excellence in Practice Award: Skillsoft was named a winner for the Special Olympics Leadership Academy’s use of the Percipio platform, coupled with Skillsoft content
- BIG Awards for Business: Percipio won New Product of the Year in the Enterprise Technology category
- Brandon Hall Group’s Excellence in Technology Awards: Percipio won Gold for Best Advance in Learning Management Technology for its ability to transform corporate learning
- TekTonic Award: HRO Today honored Percipio for its technological innovation and disruption in the learning industry
- Training Industry’s Top 20 Learning Portal: Percipio was named a Top 20 Learning Portal/LMS Company for its quality of learning portal/LMS user and administrative features, industry visibility, innovation and impact, number and strength of clients, geographic reach, and company size and growth potential
- CUBIC Awards: Percipio was named a finalist for Learning Technology of the Year by the Corporate University Best-in-Class (CUBIC)
- Aragon Research Globe for Corporate Learning: Percipio’s market impact led Aragon to position Skillsoft/SumTotal as a Leader in Corporate Learning for the third consecutive year
- Wainhouse Research’s Video Solutions for Corporate Learning – 2018 Market Overview: Percipio’s rapid pace of innovation and customer impact resulted in Wainhouse positioning Percipio as a Champion
“The rapid market adoption of Percipio, as well as its many awards, speak volumes about our focus on quality and speed of innovation. We’re most pleased by what our customers have achieved with the platform – accelerating learning to drive bigger and better business outcomes,” said Chad Gaydos, Chief Operating Officer of the Skillsoft Group. “Customers appreciate Percipio’s powerful reporting and value analysis. More importantly, learners love its rich, intuitive design – they are enjoying spending more time doing more multimodal learning. Looking ahead, we’re extremely optimistic about Percipio’s ability to transform the corporate learning market, and we will continue to focus on providing a world-class and highly engaging experience for today’s modern learners.”
“Special Olympics wanted to enhance its leadership development program with a more modern and robust learning solution that is standardized and accessible across all countries. We chose Percipio to supplement and complement the content used by our Leadership Academy for its ability to provide continuous, comprehensive and mobile leadership development support following a face-to-face event. The platform’s consumer-led experience empowers employees and athlete leaders–those with and without an intellectual disability–to participate in self-directed learning,” said Olga Yakimakho, Director of Leadership and Organizational Development, Special Olympics.
“Launched a year ago with 500 multi-modal channels stocked with Skillsoft eLearning content, Percipio, after several updates, now accommodates personalization, customization, and external- and company-specific content, allows learners to practice, and helps learners find relevant content while in the flow of work,” said Charles M. DeNault, Senior Analyst, Wainhouse Research. “Percipio is clearly resonating with customers, so we have placed Percipio in a leadership position in our recent Video Solutions for Corporate Learning report. We credit Skillsoft, a long-time leader in enterprise learning management and content, for capitalizing on their strengths and taking a leadership position in Learning Experience Platforms in such a short period of time.”
To learn more about how customers are benefiting from Percipio:
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning, providing the most engaging learner experience and high-quality content. We are trusted by the world’s leading organizations, including 65 percent of the Fortune 500. Our mission is to build beautiful technology and engaging content that drives business impact for today’s modern enterprise. Our 500,000+ multi-modal courses, videos, authoritative content chapters and micro-learning modules are accessed more than 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. With 100 percent secure cloud access, from any device, whenever, wherever. www.skillsoft.com