Skillsoft and SumTotal Announce Perspectives 2019 Theme: Accelerate Your Learning Workforce for Digital Transformation
New York Times bestselling author Daniel Pink to deliver keynote on The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing
BOSTON – December 6, 2018 – Skillsoft and SumTotal, a Skillsoft company, today announced details of the company’s annual user conference, Perspectives, to be held April 15-17, 2019 at the Hilton Bonnet Creek in Orlando, Florida. Perspectives 2019 will bring together customers, partners and industry visionaries to showcase how organizations are building transformative learning and development (L&D) programs that help prepare workforces to succeed amid rapid changes in digital technologies. The event will also spotlight new innovations from Skillsoft, SumTotal and Percipio.
Rapid advances in digital technology require organizations to continuously upskill and reskill their workforces at scale. As a result, HR and L&D leaders have been tasked with preparing employees for new opportunities and challenges presented by the digital economy. With the theme of “Accelerate Your Learning Workforce for Digital Transformation,” Perspectives 2019 will address the superior learning content and platforms that organizations can leverage to help employees succeed in today’s rapidly evolving business landscape.
“Perspectives 2019 will facilitate valuable conversations about how corporate learning can support continual adaptability in organizations’ digitization journeys,” said Chad Gaydos, chief operating officer, Skillsoft. “Perspectives attendees will gain practical insight surrounding technologies and engaging content to help them address their business challenges.”
- 160+ speakers
- 1,100+ attendees
- 60+ hours of content 10+ hours of networking
- 12 tracks, including paths dedicated to Percipio, SumTotal, Enterprise Learning, Technology and Developer Training, Leadership and Workforce Management and Payroll
- 30+ countries represented to encourage global dialogue and problem-solving
Perspectives will feature keynotes from prominent thought leaders, L&D executives and Skillsoft leadership, including:
- Daniel Pink, New York Times bestselling author, will explore “The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing.” His research-based presentation will demonstrate how he believes timing really is a science and a tool to make smarter decisions, enhance productivity and boost business performance.
- Thought leaders in the area of diversity and inclusion, Jennifer Brown, Stacey Gordon and Su Joun, will participate in a closing keynote panel on “Enabling Diversity & Inclusion in the Modern Workplace” moderated by Skillsoft’s Heide Abelli.
- Talent development and learning executives from Skillsoft and SumTotal customers CGI, General Dynamics Information Technology and Toronto Transit Commission will lead an interactive panel discussion exploring “A Glimpse into the Future of Talent Development and Learning.”
- Skillsoft and SumTotal executives, including Chief Operating Officer Chad Gaydos, Chief Technology Officer Apratim Purakayashta and Chief Content Officer Mark Onisk, will provide insight into new innovations coming from Skillsoft, SumTotal and Percipio.
“Many of us consider timing an art—and make their decisions based on intuition and guesswork. That’s a mistake. Timing is really a science. And we can use this science to make better, smarter decisions in every aspect of our work. I look forward to sharing these insights with the Perspectives 2019 audience along with some practical tools and tips for perfecting this elusive skill,” said Daniel Pink.
Customer & Partner Sessions
Perspectives 2019 will feature 70+ customers and partners discussing their insights and experiences using Skillsoft, Percipio and SumTotal applications to help create new engagement strategies for multi-generational workforces. Sample sessions include:
- Black Knight, Inc.: “Learning Ignites with Gaming!”
- Canadian Credit Union Association: “Addressing Inclusion and Diversity through Journey Mapping”
- Datacom: “Driving Growth, Culture and Engagement Through Learning”
- DXC Technology: “Building an Agile Integrated Learning Ecosystem”
- PetSmart: “Simple Ways to Incorporate Development Training”
- Special Olympics: “Beyond the Illusion of Inclusion: How to Develop Truly Inclusive Leaders”
- Sun Life Financial: “Case Study: How Virtual Reality Created an Immersive Learner Experience”
The annual Innovation Awards program will celebrate customer and partner success, innovation and expertise in learning and development, talent management and workforce management. The awards will recognize inventive ideas, powerful programs and inspiring leaders transforming the corporate learning and talent management landscape through the deployment of Skillsoft and/or SumTotal's products and services. Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Channel Partner of the Year: Skillsoft | SumTotal
- Compliance and Ethics Excellence: Skillsoft
- Creating an Impact: Skillsoft | SumTotal
- Program of the Year: Skillsoft | SumTotal
- Talent Development Champion of the Year: Skillsoft | SumTotal
- Thinking Big: Small and Medium Businesses: Skillsoft | SumTotal
Skillsoft and SumTotal customers are invited to enter the Innovation Awards by Friday, February 8, 2019.
“Perspectives explores the trends, complexities and challenges facing HR and L&D professionals grappling with the convergence of five different generations in the workforce and the need to continually reskill and upskill employees for the digital era,” said Michael Rochelle, chief strategy officer and HCM Principal Analyst at Brandon Hall Group. “Attendees will receive premier insights and learn about the tools and technologies shaping the future of corporate learning.”
For organizations interested in sponsoring Perspectives 2019, a wide variety of packages are available from sponsoring a Perspectives Party Beverage Stop to underwriting a Platinum Sponsorship. To inquire about the Perspectives 2019 sponsorship opportunities, please contact Caryn.Baker@Skillsoft.com.
- Early bird registration is open now! Register today and save $300 through March 28, 2019
- Read a Skillsoft channel partner’s blog post about attending Perspectives
Skillsoft is a front-runner in corporate learning, delivering beautiful technology and engaging content that drives business impact for modern enterprises. Skillsoft comprises three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform and the SumTotal suite for Human Capital Management.
Skillsoft provides a comprehensive selection of cloud-based corporate learning content, including courses, videos, books and other resources on Business and Management Skills, Leadership Development, Digital Transformation, Technology and Developer, Productivity and Collaboration Tools and Compliance. Percipio’s intuitive design engages modern learners and its consumer-led experience assists in accelerating learning. The SumTotal suite features four key components built on a unified platform: Learning Management, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition and Workforce Management.
Skillsoft is trusted by thousands of the world's leading organizations, including 65 percent of the Fortune 500. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.