Skillsoft Announces 2016 Innovation Award Winners and Talent Development Champion of the Year
Tata Consulting Services, Vectren Corporation, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Apex Systems, University of California, Manitoba Hydro, Mercy Health, Capgemini, Navigant Consulting and Newalta Honored for Using Skillsoft and SumTotal Systems Solutions to Create Outstanding Business Value
LAS VEGAS (PRWEB)May 11, 2016
Skillsoft, a global leader in eLearning, today announced its Innovation Awards winners at its annual user conference, 2016 Global Skillsoft Perspectives. The winners, Tata Consulting Services, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Apex Systems, University of California, Manitoba Hydro, Mercy Health, Capgemini, Navigant Consulting and Newalta, were honored for achieving organizational goals using learning and talent solutions from Skillsoft and SumTotal Systems. During the event, the company recognized Sandi Wilson, Manager of Learning, Development and HR Employees Services at Vectren Corporation, as Talent Development Champion of the Year.
Held at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, this year's Perspectives highlighted Skillsoft's vision, momentum and innovative solutions to be released this year. Over 1,200 attendees from top organizations from around the world gathered to share insights on how to improve organizational performance through driving learning and development to the core of talent management strategies.
"The Innovation Award winners this year have shown us they are truly transforming their organizational culture. Through their learning, talent and workforce programs, they are empowering employees not only to perform their current responsibilities at the highest level, but also enabling them to drive their own career paths and long-term professional success." said Skillsoft Chief Operating Officer Jerry Nine. "We congratulate the winners for creating outstanding business value with Skillsoft and SumTotal solutions and for setting a raising the bar for HR practices."
Each year, Skillsoft's awards honor customer in several areas for significant achievements in leveraging talent management to drive organizational success.
The 2016 Innovation Award categories and winners are:
- Program of the Year:
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) was recognized for its targeted and dynamic Agile Learning program designed to improve the quality of client engagements. By using a combination of virtual labs, synchronous virtual learning and asynchronous virtual learning, TCS has accelerated training its global workforce thereby improving time to market, product quality and development cost. Graham Management Services received an honorable mention.
- Talent Development Champion of the Year:
- Sandi Wilson, Manager of Learning, Development & HR Employees Services at Vectren was honored for transforming the organization's approach to online learning by implementing a program that drives engagement and business impact. Sandi's willingness to collaborate and take input from others is a testament to her success. As a result of her efforts, the company realized $11.36 in benefits gained and the average cost-per-learner fell from a staggering $3,670 to $198. Barry Waite, the U.S. Air Force's Ira C. Eaker Center for Professional Development's Chief of Workforce Diversity and Civilian Professional Development, received an honorable mention.
- Creating an Impact: Leadership Development:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) was honored for its integrated leadership development program that supports its institutional objectives and drives innovation. LLNL's program is dynamic by anticipating and responding to changing stakeholder needs, and the program is personalized, providing for individual employee learning styles.
- Creating an Impact: Extended Enterprise:
- Apex Systems was recognized for its IT learning program supporting contractor employees, designed to address dynamic client needs in a market where certain skillsets are outpacing supply. By using Skillsoft content with its contractor employees, Apex estimates a total alternative cost savings of more than $500,000.
- Creating an Impact: Higher Education:
- University of California was recognized for an education program that clearly communicates nuanced concepts to 500,000 students, faculty, and staff in order to drive cultural and behavioral change. UC is continues its efforts to be sustainable and transparent in order to drive and enhance a culture of prevention and safety.
- Creating an Impact: Government and Non Profit:
- Manitoba Hydro was honored for developing and retaining a highly skilled and motivated workforce by aligning Skillsoft content with its core and leadership competencies. In 2014/2015 alone, Manitoba Hydro saved over $9 million in travel costs and over $10 million in time savings for employees not being away from their work locations.
- Creating an Impact: IT Skills and Development:
- Mercy was honored for addressing the ever-changing needs of healthcare IT by making learning and development a vital part of their strategy. By offering flexible IT education that can be assessed anytime, anywhere, Mercy averages 52 hours of development per IT worker and has been featured on Elearning!'s Learning! 100 list for two years in a row.
- Empowering Continuous Talent Development:
- Capgemini was recognized for using the SumTotal platform in conjunction with Skillsoft content, to create a blended virtual learning journey targeted at budding leaders. Embark, their leadership program, equips participants with the competencies and skills required to manage and lead a team successfully, which in turn adds value to the business as the company can provide clients with better delivery capability. Eaton received an honorable mention.
- Thinking Big: Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs):
- Navigant a specialized, global professional services firm, was honored for creating a scalable and flexible learning program aligned to the firm's changing business needs. Navigant partnered with Skillsoft to create a new learning framework Navigant including reconfiguring classroom offerings and increasing blended and self-paced offerings, realizing $17 in benefits for every $1 invested in Skillsoft.
- Compliance and Ethics Excellence:
- Newalta was recognized for using the Skillsoft platform to address their compliance, safety and regulatory requirements. Newalta developed an implementation strategy for compliance training not only to improve safety competencies, but also to increase and facilitate overall eLearning adoption and organizational agility. Hill International received an honorable mention.
The awards were judged by an independent panel of thought leaders including subject matter experts and analysts at IDC, Bersin by Deloitte, Brandon Hall Group, the Center for Talent Reporting, Aptitude Research, Laci Loew & Company, Human Capital Media, Elearning! Magazine, Training Industry, and Skillsoft and SumTotal.
For more information on the 2016 Global Skillsoft Perspectives Innovation Awards, please visit http://perspectives.skillsoft.com/2016/.
.@Skillsoft and @SumTotalSystems honor customers with Innovation Awards at #Perspectives16 https://t.co/AJlTIZAMUg— Skillsoft (@Skillsoft) May 11, 2016
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We train more professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. With 100% cloud access, anytime, anywhere. Our key product areas are in Business Skills, IT Skills, Digital Skills and Compliance.
Since we began in 1998, we have trained over 400 million users and one billion learning materials. Find out how we can help you lead a culture of innovation. https://www.skillsoft.com
About SumTotal Systems
SumTotal Systems, LLC, a Skillsoft company and a leading provider of integrated HR solutions, is increasing the performance of some of the world's most successful organizations. SumTotal's people-focused Talent Expansion® applications, available on premise and in the cloud, enable contextual, just-in-time development designed to help organizations discover, develop and unleash the hidden potential within their workforce and business ecosystem. Today, more than 3,500 organizations, including several of Fortune's "Best Places to Work," rely on SumTotal's award winning solutions to empower their employees. Follow @SumTotalSystems at twitter.com/sumtotalsystems and on Facebook at facebook.com/SumTotal.Systems for more learning and talent management tips and perspectives.
Skillsoft, the Skillsoft logo, Skillport, SkillChoice, Books24x7, and learning-centric Talent Expansion are a partial listing of the trademarks or registered trademarks of Skillsoft Ireland Limited in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
+353 87 694 9887