Skillsoft Recognized as a Leader in IDC MarketScape Big Data/Analytics and ITIL/ITSM Reports
NASHUA, N.H.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Skillsoft has been named either a “Leader” or a “Major Player” in all ten reports comprising a new IDC MarketScape series assessing providers in the U.S. IT and technical training ecosystem. The IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model provides an evaluation of the competitive fitness of providers in a given market based on an extensive interview process, in this case assessing a wealth of areas within the U.S. training ecosystem. Skillsoft was named a Leader in both of IDC MarketScape’s Big Data/Analytics and ITIL/ITSM reports, and as a Major Player in eight other MarketScape reports.
The reports that recognized Skillsoft as a Leader include:
- U.S. Big Data/Analytics Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Analysis1
- U.S. ITIL/ITSM Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Analysis2
The reports that recognized Skillsoft as a Major Player include:
- U.S. Cisco Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Analysis3
- U.S. Cloud Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Analysis4
- U.S. IBM Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Analysis5
- U.S. Microsoft Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Analysis6
- U.S. Project Management Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Analysis7
- U.S. SAP Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Analysis8
- U.S. Security Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Analysis9
- U.S. Storage Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Analysis10
“Skillsoft has long been known for its IT training content, so it’s particularly gratifying to be recognized in the IDC MarketScape Reports on Training Ecosystems,” said Tim Hildreth, Vice President, Product Management, Skillsoft. “We work to align our training content to the ever-changing technology landscape and IT professionals around the world rely on Skillsoft content to keep pace with the latest developments, hone their skills and meet certification requirements. These reports validate and reinforce the value Skillsoft can provide IT organizations looking to maintain and grow the skills of their employees.”
“The IDC MarketScape analysis model is meant to provide a transparent foundation for evaluating technology training providers and, in an analysis of providers in this area, Skillsoft’s name came up again and again,” said Cushing Anderson, Program Vice President, Business Consulting Services Research, IDC MarketScape. “The breadth of their representation in this new series is indicative of the reach and impact their technology and resources have on the training ecosystem.”
New research from @IDC MarketScape calls @Skillsoft a leader in the US technical training ecosystem http://t.co/yhlKv2uhSj
— Skillsoft (@Skillsoft) October 21, 2014
1. IDC MarketScape: U.S. Big Data and Analytics Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Assessment, doc #250181, August 2014
2. IDC MarketScape: U.S. ITIL/ITSM Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Assessment, doc #250185, August 2014
3. IDC MarketScape: U.S. Cisco Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Assessment, doc #250184, August 2014
4. IDC MarketScape: U.S. Cloud Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Assessment, doc #250180, August 2014
5. IDC MarketScape: U.S. IBM Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Assessment, doc #250179, August 2014
6. IDC MarketScape: U.S. Microsoft Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Assessment, doc #250188, August 2014
7. IDC MarketScape: U.S. Project Management Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Assessment, doc #250178, August 2014
8. IDC MarketScape: U.S. SAP Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Assessment, doc #250187, August 2014
9. IDC MarketScape: U.S. Security Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Assessment, doc #250186, August 2014
10. IDC MarketScape: U.S. Storage Training Ecosystem 2014 Vendor Assessment, doc #250182, August 2014
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Skillsoft is a pioneer in the field of learning and Talent Management with a long history of innovation. Skillsoft provides cloud based learning solutions for its customers worldwide, ranging from global enterprises, government, and education to mid-sized and small businesses. Skillsoft’s customer support teams draw on a wealth of in-house experience, flexible delivery platforms and a comprehensive learning e-library to develop off-the-shelf and custom learning programs tailored to cost-effectively meet customer needs. Skillsoft’s courses, books and videos have been developed by industry leading learning experts to ensure that they maximize business skills, performance, and talent development.
Skillsoft currently serves over 6,000 customers and more than 19,000,000 learners around the world. Skillsoft is on the web at www.Skillsoft.com.
Skillsoft, the Skillsoft logo, Skillport, SkillChoice, and Books24x7 are a partial listing of the trademarks or registered trademarks of Skillsoft Ireland Limited in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Lois Paul and Partners for Skillsoft
Kenna Luguri, 617-986-5879