Skillsoft Survey Finds L&D Professionals Are Not Ready for Digital Transformation and Unaware of the Skills Required to Deliver It
CAMBERLEY, UK, 07 March 2018 - Skillsoft, the global leader in corporate learning, today announced that a survey of 152 Learning and Development (L&D) professionals revealed a lack of understanding and preparation for digital transformation. The survey, carried out in February 2018 at Learning Technologies 2018 shows that over half of those surveyed are unaware of, don't understand, or don't know how digital transformation will apply to their organisations. As a consequence, over three quarters do not know what related skills their employees will require in order to ensure a successful digital future. Key findings:
- 87 percent of L&D professionals are unaware of all the skills their organisations will need to deliver digital transformation
- Less than half (45 percent) are confident their organisation's training is adequate when it comes to preparing for digital transformation
- Yet, 87 percent believe that digital transformation will have a positive impact on L&D
- 46 percent believe that digital transformation will have a bigger impact on their company than Brexit or the upcoming European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Agility (31 percent), capability (28 percent) and efficiency (23 percent) are perceived to be the most important aspects of digital transformation. Only 9 percent of those surveyed consider productivity to be most important.