Skillsoft’s Complete Technology and Developer Learning Content is Now Available on Percipio
Addition of Practice Labs, TestPreps and Ask a Mentor make Percipio an unparalleled solution for continuous learning and adaptability in the age of digital disruption and transformation
BOSTON – October 2, 2018 – Skillsoft, the global leader in corporate learning, today announced its complete Technology and Developer content portfolio is now available on Percipio, the company’s award-winning intelligent learning experience platform. The addition of Practice Labs, TestPreps and Ask a Mentor to Skillsoft’s vast multi-modal learning resources on Percipio give enterprise technology and software development professionals an unparalleled solution to Watch, Read, Listen and now Practice their skills. The solution also helps organizations continually adapt in the age of digital disruption and transformation.
Throughout its 20-year history, Skillsoft has delivered training content to more technology professionals than any other corporate learning provider. Currently, Skillsoft provides more than 26 million hours of technical learning content each year to more than five million learners worldwide. So far this year, the top 1,000 technology assets served by Skillsoft have resulted in more than 13 million hours of learning, the equivalent of more than two million classroom days.
As the industry continues to evolve, Skillsoft has identified Cloud, Data Science, DevOps, Microservices and Security as central drivers to most organizations. Skillsoft has developed related content enabling professionals at every stage of their career to continually learn the new technologies and prepare for essential certification exams. In addition to highly technical learning, Skillsoft provides technology professionals the business and management training that teaches the soft skills needed to be effective leaders and communicators.
Practice Labs, TestPreps and Ask A Mentor
Consolidating its entire Technology and Developer content portfolio on Percipio allows learners to use one platform to acquire knowledge and develop skills leveraging thousands of courses, videos and books as well as the following features to practice their new skills, demonstrate mastery to their organization and give them a higher chance of passing certification exams. The tight integration of the content portfolio and Percipio offers learners and administrators a single source for reporting on both test scores and completion data.
- Practice Labs: Skillsoft’s live practice labs provide a hands-on, safe environment allowing learners to apply their knowledge without risking costly mistakes.
- For Developers: CodeX, Skillsoft’s virtual coding practice lab, enables developers of all levels to practice writing and deploying code in an integrated development environment (IDE) with immediate feedback, code validation and embedded instructional video content. Virtual coding labs cover core language and frameworks with continued expansion into DevOps, microservices, full stack and other developer topics.
- For IT Infrastructure: Practice labs also allow IT infrastructure training via virtualized machines that can mirror almost any hardware, software or network configuration in a sandboxed environment. Infrastructure lab content covers the most popular vendor certifications from EC-Council, CompTIA, Microsoft, Oracle, VMware and ISC².
- TestPreps: Percipio’s Technology and Developer course library offers more than 100 certification prep exams and 6,000 assessments that prepare candidates for certification. In “Learn Mode,” test takers can study in an untimed environment. An assistance option guides the learner towards the right answer when help is needed and a progress summary indicates whether answers are correct or incorrect. Leveraging the “Exam Mode” feature, learners can simulate the real test in a timed environment and receive their score.
- Ask a Mentor: Free online office hours with Skillsoft’s certified IT experts enable learners to receive real-time guidance on a wide range of questions, such as clarity on a technical concept, steps to get certified, what the experience qualifications are and which exam to take first. Ask a Mentor is integrated with more than 50 Percipio channels covering several certification vendors and subjects, including Microsoft, ISC², ISTQB, ITIL®, Java, C#, HTML5 & CSS3, Visual Studio, Project Management Institute (PMI) and much more. Learners can reach a mentor by clicking the Ask a Mentor icon on a channel’s homepage to launch an immediate chat session or send an email for a prompt response.
“Continual learning and development are necessities for technology professionals as traditional enterprise technology and software developer roles are rapidly evolving, and blended skillsets are now required to support Digital Transformation,” said Mike Hendrickson, vice president of Technology & Developer Products for Skillsoft. “By integrating the best content with the best platform, Skillsoft is addressing the IT skills gap head-on—empowering technology and developer professionals to acquire the most modern, in-demand skills in the age of digital disruption and transformation.”
“Sustained investment in continual learning is essential for organizations that seek to leverage digital transformation to advance business strategy,” stated Cushing Anderson, program vice president, IT Education and Certification, IDC. “Skillsoft’s continuous learning combines a sophisticated learning platform with an impressive volume of technical training content. By adding Practice Labs, TestPreps and Ask a Mentor to its robust library on Percipio, Skillsoft has created a valuable solution for skilling technology professionals.”
For additional information about Skillsoft’s Practice Labs, TestPreps and Ask a Mentor, read the latest blog post.
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning, delivering beautiful technology and engaging content that drives business impact for modern enterprises. Skillsoft comprises three award-winning solutions that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform and the SumTotal suite for Human Capital Management.
Skillsoft provides the most comprehensive selection of cloud-based corporate learning content, including courses, videos, books and other resources on Business and Management Skills, Leadership Development, Digital Transformation, Technology and Developer, Productivity and Collaboration Tools and Compliance. Percipio’s intuitive design engages modern learners and its consumer-led experience accelerates learning. The SumTotal suite features four key components built on a unified platform: Learning Management, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition and Workforce Management.
Skillsoft is trusted by thousands of the world's leading organizations, including 65 percent of the Fortune 500. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.