The Secret to Leadership Development
What makes a strong leader? The answer to that question has been studied for a long period of time in an effort to better understand and develop leadership capabilities.
The result? Leadership development theories can be broken down into six main categories:
- Trait: What are the innate personal traits of leaders?
- Behavioral: What do effective vs ineffective leaders do on the job?
- Power and influence: How do the influence processes work between leaders and other individuals?
- Situational: How does the larger contextual situation affect the leadership task?
- Charismatic: What are the perceptions of the leader’s traits and behaviors
- Transformational: How do leaders inspire each other to elevate moral conduct?
While each of these approaches is important, it’s a narrow view of what all-around skills are required to develop leaders. What you need is an all-encompassing, evidence-based approach.
That’s why Skillsoft has developed the Skillsoft Leadership Development Program (SLDP) featuring 10 critical leadership competencies based on highly regarded studies from both industry and academia.
It’s time to develop all-around leaders. Download this whitepaper to access Skillsoft’s modern, evidence-based approach to leadership development.