Skillsoft adds key thought leaders to Expert Insights portfolio in third quarter
Skillsoft Expert Insights and Leadership Insights are short, highly actionable videos from industry-leading experts across leadership and business. Expert Insights videos deliver a quick hit enabling learners to enhance and improve their effectiveness, productivity, and skillset. These videos are leveraged by the Skillsoft learner audience, which exceeds 1.25 million executives and professionals in Fortune 1000 companies and smaller organizations across the globe.
In the third quarter of 2020, Skillsoft added over 60 new Expert Insights videos into Skillsoft’s learning experience platform, Percipio, featuring insights from industry experts such as:
- Amy Franko, a strategic sales expert, keynote speaker, and author of The Modern Seller: Sell More and Increase Your Impact in the New Sales Economy, states that in order to win new business and grow long-term business with customers, your sales team needs to become modern sellers. Modern sellers are ambassadors who are agile, entrepreneurial, holistic, and social.
- Amy Jen Su, executive coach and author of The Leader You Want to Be: Five Essential Principles to Bringing Out Your Best Self – Every Day, asks us to understand that while change is difficult, it’s also a fact of life and business. By accepting change understanding what is in your control, and taking clear action, you will be better able to influence a positive outcome.
- Ayse Birsel, named by Fast Company as one of Most Creative People in Business, the author of Design the Life You Love: A Step-by-Step Guide to Building a Meaningful Future, argues that creativity is a skill, not a talent. Even if you don’t work in design, you can still learn to think creatively and problem-solve by exercising the creative part of your brain.
- Cal Newport, computer science professor at Georgetown University and author of Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World and Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World, invites us embrace a digital minimalist lifestyle. The transition may seem daunting, but with patience and gradual steps, you can you adopt the digital minimalist lifestyle.
- Chester Elton, a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of All In and The Best Team Wins, and his most recent release Leading with Gratitude: Eight Leadership Practices for Extraordinary Results, shares that some leaders focus too much on the hard stuff; on getting things done. But it’s what some call the soft stuff, things like showing appreciation to your people, that makes it possible to get the hard stuff done.
- Dan Coyle, contributing editor for Outside Magazine and author of six books including The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups, shares that top-performing teams and organizations have one characteristic in common - they all know how to do the next thing right. They can navigate complex situations, even in times of crisis, and find the true north that best serves the organization.
- Dane Jensen, an expert on strategy and leadership and author of the forthcoming book The Power of Pressure: Why We Break Down and What We Can Learn From Those Who Break Through, argues that how you look at a situation determines how you respond, and how you respond determines the outcome.
- Peter Jensen, authority on leadership, and a renowned innovator bringing coaching and personal high performance to corporations worldwide, shares that people who are committed will perform at the highest level. By creating the right coaching environment, you can encourage people to commit to excellence.
- Ryan Hawk is a keynote speaker, advisor, host of the podcast, The Learning Leader Show, and author of Welcome To Management: How To Grow From Top Performer To Excellent Leader. Ryan shares that successful leaders have developed their own operating framework to propel them to success, and he challenges to develop our very own operating framework.
- Tony Saldanha, a globally recognized expert and thought-leader in Global Business Services and Digital Technology and author of Why Digital Transformations Fail: The Surprising Disciplines of How to Take Off and Stay Ahead ,asserts that in order for your business to thrive in the digital age, having a digital literacy plan is essential. And it needs to be implemented holistically, through all tiers and departments of the organization.
Here’s my go-to playlist for a sampling from each of the newly added contributors:
- Becoming a Digital Minimalist featuring Cal Newport
- Creating Excellence featuring Ayse Birsel
- What is this Thing Called Chemistry, and How Do We Get It? featuring Dan Coyle
- Engaged, Enabled, and Energized;the Three E’s of a Great Work Culture featuring Chester Elton
- How to Cultivate Loyalty and Build Long-Term Value featuring Amy Franko
- Navigating Periods of Uncertainty with Confidence and Resilience featuring Dane Jensen
- Harnessing the Power of Imagery featuring Peter Jensen
- Protecting Your Time and Energy featuring Amy Jen Su
- Developing Your Operating Framework featuring Ryan Hawk
- Building Digital Literacy featuring Tony Saldanha
Expert Insights videos are included in our Skillsoft Leadership Development Program (SLDP) powered by MIT SMR (shown as Leadership Insights), Digital Transformation Collection, and Business Skills Collection. Experience them on Percipio!
Not yet a customer?
Request a demo of our Leadership and Business training solutions. Register here for 14 days free access to Percipio - our learning platform available anytime, anywhere, on any device. Skillsoft Percipio delivers immersive learning that lets you watch, read, listen, and practice.
Grow. Develop. Learn.
Shannon Luttge is Senior Manager of Leadership Content at Skillsoft.