Skillsoft Global Compliance Solutions and StoneTurn
Helping Organizations Better Identify and Mitigate Risk
Risks associated with fraud, bribery, and corruption are increasing daily. By conducting risk assessments, enhancing due diligence efforts, and refreshing training, businesses can help mitigate misconduct and protect their organizations.
Skillsoft Compliance and StoneTurn, a global advisory firm that assists organizations with regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes, have formalized a partnership designed to streamline the management of risk across an organization.
Through this partnership, Skillsoft Compliance customers can access StoneTurn’s advisory services, including:
- Risk Assessments: Identify and assess key risk areas, evaluate existing risk mitigation measures, and recommend risk and compliance program enhancements to minimize key risks.
- Compliance Program Review, Benchmarking, and Enhancement: Identify and assess potential risks and
compliance gaps and assist with the design, implementation, and/or enhancement of an effective compliance program.
- Code of Conduct – Benchmarking and Enhancement Review: Assess a company’s code of conduct and provide
recommendations on how to incorporate industry and other best practices and mitigate exposure to risks.
- Third-Party Compliance Program Evaluation, Development, and Enhancement: Evaluate, develop and/or enhance a company’s third-party compliance program to minimize risks posed by illegal, unethical, or unmonitored third-party conduct.
- Global Compliance Advisor: StoneTurn can assist companies as a Global Compliance Advisor to provide day-to-day advisory support on a retainer basis. Quickly deploy a proven compliance team with in-house chief compliance officer experience to help companies handle all of their compliance program support needs and to help with Board, management, and investor/stakeholder confidence in the compliance program.
Part 1: Your Code of Conduct
Toby Ralston talks about how organizations can enhance and update their code of conduct to keep it relevant and impactful, sharing tips on how to address current issues and how to incorporate your organizational voice.
Part 2: How a Risk Assessment Informs Your Code of Conduct
In this episode, Charlie Voelker discusses the foundational role the risk assessment plays in Code of Conduct training and compliance training in general. He explains how compliance training can be a valuable source of data to drive program updates and improvements.
Part 3: Conducting Effective Risk Assessments
Jamen Tyler provides insight on risk assessment best practices from clearly scoping the assessment to leveraging operational data. She also shares advice on how to conduct a virtual risk assessment in the era of Covid-19.
Part 4: Managing Your Risks Through a Risk Assessment
In this episode, John Arendes explores the ways that compliance practitioners can put the risk assessment findings into practice – from training curriculum to communication practices to reporting.
Part 5: Continuous Monitoring and Continuous Improvement
Stephen Martin discusses the 2020 Department of Justice Update and the new emphasis on continuous program improvement. He looks at how companies can use data and information to support ongoing monitoring and to update policies and procedures.