Lumen Programming Guide: Writing PHP Microservices, REST and Web Service APIs
- 3h 18m
- Paul Redmond
Learn to write test-driven microservices, REST APIs, and web service APIs with PHP using the Lumen micro-framework, from the now popular Laravel family. This book shows you how testing APIs can help you write bullet-proof web application services and microservices.
In the Lumen Programming Guide you will learn how to use Lumen―a micro-framework by Laravel―to write bullet-proof APIs. Lumen helps you write productive, maintainable APIs using modern application design. You will learn how to write fully-tested APIs and understand essential Lumen concepts used to build a solid foundation for writing API projects.
What You Will Learn
- Maintain your API's database structure through built-in database migrations
- Write tests with factory data in a test database
- Respond with consistent data output in JSON
- Deal with PHP exceptions by using JSON responses
- Create, read, update, and delete REST resources
- Represent model associations in API responses
- Build a solid foundation for writing tests with PHPUnit and Mockery
- Validate data
Who This Book Is For
PHP developers with no Laravel experience. Only a basic understanding of HTTP and writing PHP applications is needed to get started.
About the Author
In this Book
Creating the Book Application
Starting the Books API
Creating, Reading, Updating, and Deleting Books
Responding to Errors
Leveling Up Responses
The /authors API Resource