Technical Communication: English Skills for Engineers
- 10h 40m
- Meenakshi Raman, Sangeeta Sharma
- Oxford University Press (US)
Adopting a direct, functional, and practical approach, the book presents an exhaustive treatment of the principles and advanced forms of technical communication, both oral and written. In addition to the language skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing, it covers the basics of English grammer. It also includes key topics such as technical reports, business correspondence, group discussions, interviews, and presentation strategies.
With its up-to-date coverage and practical orientation, the book would prove to be an extremely useful text for students, while also serving as a ready reference for day-to-day communication.
- Demonstrates presentation styles and layouts for written communication
- Provides numerous exhibits specific to technical applications
- Contains numerous examples and practice exercises
- Provides model question papers at the end of the book
- Includes appendices on common errors, punctuation and capitalization, commonly misspelt words, proofreading symbols, acronyms and abbreviations, British and American vocabulary, and the basic sounds of English
About the Authors
Meenakshi Raman, Ph. D., is presently Chief of the Publications and Media Relations Unit and Group Leader of the Languages Group at BITS, Pilani. She has several years of teaching experience and has taught English at various levels. She is the co-author of Business Communication and Effective English Communication and has several articles to her credit.
Sangeeta Sharma, Ph. D., has several years of teaching experience. She is currently teaching courses on communication at BITS, Pilani, and has published several articles on communication.
In this Book
Basics of Technical Communication
Focus on Language—Vocabulary
Focus on Language— English Grammar
Focus on Language: Advanced English Grammar
Instructions and Checklists
Listening and Speaking
Model Test Papers