Artificial Intelligence: What Everyone Needs to Know
- 4h 54m 6s
- Jerry Kaplan
- Recorded Books, Inc.
Artificial Intelligence is likely to greatly increase our aggregate wealth, but it will also upend our labor markets, reshuffle our social order, and strain our private and public institutions. Eventually it may alter how we see our place in the universe, as machines pursue goals independent of their creators and outperform us in domains previously believed to be the sole dominion of humans.
Whether we regard them as conscious or unwitting, revere them as a new form of life or dismiss them as mere clever appliances, is beside the point. They are likely to play an increasingly critical and intimate role in many aspects of our lives. The emergence of systems capable of independent reasoning and action raises serious questions about just whose interests they are permitted to serve, and what limits our society should place on their creation and use.
Deep ethical questions that have bedeviled philosophers for ages will suddenly arrive on the steps of our courthouses. And the answers may surprise you.
In this Audiobook
1. Defining Artificial Intelligence
2. The Intellectual History of Artificial Intelligence
3. Frontiers of Artificial Intelligence
4. Philosophy of Artificial Intelligence
5. Artificial Intelligence and the Law
6. The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Human Labor
7. The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Social Equity
8. Possible Future Impacts of Artificial Intelligence