COVID-19 Miniseries: Leveraging Community Care for Scalable Outpatient Management of COVID-19
- 27m 51s
- Amit K. Ghosh, M.D., Ravindra Ganesh, M.B.B.S., M.D.
- Mayo Clinic Health Solutions
The Mayo Clinic COVID Frontline Healthcare Team (CFCT) is an integrated team comprised of doctors and support staff, including nurses, remote monitoring technicians, medical assistants, and desk staff. These teams are responsible for evidence-based management of all newly diagnosed COVID-19 patients. We’re joined by CFCT Codirector Ravindra Ganesh, M.B.B.S., M.D., to discuss the essential roles of CFCT’s during the pandemic.
Topics include how they:
- Notify all patients who receive a COVID positive test result in Mayo/Mayo Clinic Health service in the Midwest region through phone call or portal messaging with attached questionnaire
- Conduct outpatient monitoring and follow-up as well as identify patient at high risk for decompensation
- Prevent COVID positive patients from coming to the Mayo Clinic facilities by remote monitoring and risk assessment
- Reinforce social isolation recommendations from public health to all COVID positive patients and assess safety to come off isolation
In this Audiobook
Mayo Clinic Talk with Ravindra Ganesh, M.B.B.S., M.D. and Amit K. Ghosh, M.D. on COVID-19 Miniseries: Leveraging Community Care for Scalable Outpatient Management of COVID-19