Accelerating Leadership Development through Executive Coaching: A Guide for HR Professionals and High-Potential Leaders
- 4h 43m
- Robert Barner
- John Wiley & Sons (US)
The book will be used in a variety of ways:
- To jump-start high-potential development training programs
- As part of an organization’s training program in ‘managers as coaches’
- To support self-study and self-directed development on the part of high-potential leaders
- As an HR handout piece to help senior executives understand their roles as HIPO mentors and sponsors
- To provide a useful approach to HIPO development for L&D, OD, and HR leaders who have been tasked with initiating high-potential leadership development programs
- To support executive coaching certificate programs sponsored by universities and private consultants
- As a useful handout tool for executive coaches who are attempting to bring their clients and clients’ managers in alignment regarding the intended goals, outcomes, and process involved in high-potential development.
About the Author
Robert Barner, Ph.D., has more than twenty-five years of applied experience within the field of organization and leadership development. As a senior OD/LD executive, he has directed high-potential development and coaching for organizations in such sectors as manufacturing, engineering, aerospace, biotech, media, franchising, and hospitality. He received his Ph.D. in organization development from the Fielding Graduate Institute. Currently, Dr. Barner holds the position of associate director for Southern Methodist University's Department of Dispute Resolution and Counseling within the university's Annette Caldwell Simmons School of Education and Human Development.
Over the past twenty years Dr. Barner has also presented to several international conferences on the subject of executive coaching. He has been a contributor to several academic and business texts and has published more than fifty articles within academic and professional journals. Dr. Barner currently serves as a reviewer for two academic journals.
His five previous books on team building and leadership have been translated into German, Norwegian, and Estonian and distributed throughout North America, Europe, Scandinavia, and India.
In addition to his academic responsibilities, Dr. Barner is also the owner of Plano Executive Advisory Services, a consulting company that focuses on the assessment, development, and coaching of high-potential leaders.
In this Book
Accelerating Leadership Development through Executive Coaching—A Guide for HR Professionals and High-Potential Leaders
Managing a Company of One
Closing the Gap
Building Your Plan
Leveraging Developmental Assignments
Accelerating Your Learning
Managing Your Personal Brand
The What and the Why of Managerial Coaching
How to Implement Coaching
Helping Others to Identify Developmental Gaps
Helping Others Build Their Plans
Helping Others Leverage Developmental Assignments
Helping Others Accelerate On-the-Job Learning
Coaching Others on Brand Management