Android Apps with Eclipse
- 3h 30m
- Onur Cinar
Eclipse is the most adopted integrated development environment (IDE) for Java programmers. And, now, Eclipse seems to be the preferred IDE for Android apps developers.
Android Apps with Eclipse provides a detailed overview of Eclipse, including steps and the screenshots to help Android developers to quickly get up to speed on Eclipse and to streamline their day-to-day software development. This book includes the following:
- Overview of Eclipse fundamentals for both Java and C/C++ Development.
- Using Eclipse Android Development Toolkit (ADT) to develop, debug, and troubleshoot Android applications.
- Using Eclipse C/C++ Development Toolkit (CDT) in conjunction with Android Native Development Kit (NDK) to integrate, develop and troubleshoot native Android components through Eclipse.
What you’ll learn
- How to use the most popular Java IDE for Android apps development
- How to install and configure Eclipse for Android development
- How to build an Android media player app using the Eclipse IDE
- How to leverage Eclipse with the Android Native Development Kit for C/C++ needs
- How to leverage Eclipse for scripting using Android's SL4A (Scripting Layer for Android)
- How to do continuous integration in Eclipse, including source code controls, scripting builds with Ant and more
Who this book is for
This book is for both beginner and intermediate developers who would like to quickly come up to speed on Android development using the Eclipse IDE.
About the Author
Onur Cinar has over 17 years of experience in design, development, and management of large scale complex software projects, primarily in mobile and telecommunication space. His expertise spans VoIP, video communication, mobile applications, grid computing, and networking technologies on diverse platforms. He has been actively working with Android platform since its beginning. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA, United States. He is currently working at Skype as the Sr. Product Engineering Manager for Skype client on Android platform
In this Book
Android Development Tools for Eclipse
Project: Movie Player
Android Native Development Using Eclipse
Project: Extending Movie Player for AVI Movies
Android Scripting Using Eclipse