Beginning ASP.NET 4.5.1: in C# and VB
- 17h 19m
- Imar Spaanjaars
- John Wiley & Sons (US)
In this comprehensive guide to getting started with ASP.NET 4.5.1, best-selling author Imar Spaanjaars provides a firm foundation for coders new to ASP.NET and key insights for those not yet familiar with the important updates in the 4.5.1 release. Readers learn how to build full-featured ASP.NET websites using Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web, Microsoft’s free development tool for ASP.NET web applications. Beginning ASP.NET 4.5.1 guides you through the process of creating a fully functional, database-driven website, from creation of the most basic site structure all the way down to the successful deployment of the website to a production environment.
Beginning ASP.NET 4.5.1: in C# and VB:
- Explains how to get started with ASP.NET 4.5.1, including an introduction to Microsoft’s Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web
- Features helpful examples for designing websites with CSS and HTML and how to overcome common formatting problems
- Shares techniques for managing server controls in ASP.NET, including standard controls, HTML controls, and data controls
- Provides real-world tips for creating consistent page layouts throughout your websites
- Covers practical functionality issues like validating user input, sending e-mail from your website, and processing data at the server
- Details what the ASP.NET state engine is and why it is important
- Shows how to access and modify data in a SQL Server database
- Includes coverage of jQuery, LINQ, and the Entity Framework
- Explores measures to take for optimal security
About the Author
IMAR SPAANJAARS graduated in Leisure Management at the Leisure Management School in the Netherlands, but he quickly changed his career path to the Internet world.
After working in the Internet business at various web agencies for over twelve years, he now runs his own company called De Vier Koeden (devierkoeden.com), a small Internet agency specializing in consultancy and development of Internet and intranet applications with Microsoft technologies such as ASP.NET 4.5.1. He's also the CTO of Dynamicweb North America, the U.S. branch of the popular Danish content management, e-commerce, and online marketing platform.
Imar has written books on ASP.NET and Macromedia Dreamweaver, all published under the Wrox brand. He is also one of the top contributors to the Wrox Community Forum at p2p.wrox.com, where he shares his knowledge with fellow programmers.
Imar has received Microsoft's Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award each year since 2008 for his contributions to the ASP.NET community. In early 2012, Imar joined the ASPInsiders, a small group of international professionals that provide feedback and direction on new features for future versions of ASP.NET.
In this Book
Getting Started with ASP.NET 4.5.1
Building an ASP.NET Website
Designing Your Web Pages
Working with ASP.NET Server Controls
Programming Your ASP.NET Web Pages
Creating Consistent Looking Websites
Validating User Input
Displaying and Updating Data
LINQ and the ADO.NET Entity Framework
Working with Data — Advanced Topics
Security in Your ASP.NET Website
Exception Handling, Debugging, and Tracing
Deploying Your Website