- 3h 1m
- Jack Franklin
- Use jQuery’s powerful tools to dynamically update content on your site, including DOM manipulation.
- Extend jQuery’s capabilities by writing your own plugins on top of the framework.
- Animate elements and build your own jQuery slider.
- Employ best practices and avoid common errors made by beginners.
What you’ll learn
- Learn why jQuery is so popular and how to get started.
- Use jQuery’s powerful manipulation tools to dynamically update your website’s content.
- Animate content and build your own image slider with jQuery’s animation tools.
- Extend the library by writing your own custom plug-ins.
- Avoid common beginner errors, and learn how to use best practices.
- Use plug-ins created by others in the community and integrate them into your website.
Who this book is for
About the Author
In this Book
The Basics of jQuery
Traversing the DOM
DOM Manipulation with jQuery
An Introduction to Events
Ajax with jQuery
Writing a jQuery Plug-in
More jQuery Plug-ins
A jQuery Image Slider