Chromebooks in easy steps
- 2h 18m
- Philip King
- In Easy Steps Limited
Chromebooks in easy steps illustrates all the clever features of this versatile, budget-friendly alternative to a Windows laptop or MacBook. Covering all Chromebook models, it:
- Demystifies what a Chromebook is and how it differs from other types of laptops and tablets.
- Shows how to get your Chromebook up and running in no time.
- Guides you through the Chrome web browser, Gmail and other key apps such as Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Reveals how to make video calls using a variety of services, to stay in touch with friends and family.
- Shows how to connect your Chromebook to external devices including printers.
- Demonstrates how to upload and organise your photos, videos, and documents in the Cloud.
- Covers how to make documents available offline when you don’t have an internet connection.
- Guides you through how to watch TV and movies, and how to download and use Android apps and games.
- Provides guidance on maintenance and troubleshooting.
Ideal for anyone new to the Chromebook, including Senior readers.
About the Author Phil King is a journalist who specialises in writing about technology. He began his career at CRASH magazine in 1988 and has since edited several video games magazines, including PowerStation and N•Revolution. He has worked as the books editor for Raspberry Pi has written for The MagPi, HackSpace, MacFormat, MUO, Gadget, Linux User, Android Magazine, and many more.
In this Book
Getting Up and Running
Navigating the Chrome OS Desktop
Keyboard and Touchpad
Using the Chrome Browser
Communicating with Gmail
Office and Productivity
Media and Entertainment
Adding and Managing Apps
Casting and Connecting
Maintenance and Troubleshooting