Cloud Computing: Assessing the Risks
- 3h 25m
- Bernard Golden, JP Morgenthal, Jared Carstensen
- IT Governance
Do you trust the Cloud? Should you trust the Cloud? 'Cloud Computing' is the phrase on everyone's lips - it's the latest technology, the way forward. But how safe is it? Is it reliable? How secure will your information be?
Questions ... Cloud Computing: Assessing the Risks answers these questions and many more. Using jargon-free language and relevant examples, analogies and diagrams, it is an up-to-date, clear and comprehensive guide the security, governance, risk, and compliance elements of Cloud Computing. Written by three internationally renowned experts, this book discusses the primary concerns of most businesses leaders the security and risk elements of the Cloud. But 'security and risk are just two elements of Cloud Computing, and this book focuses on all the critical components of a successful cloud program, including compliance, risk, reliability, availability, areas of responsibility, Cloud Computing borders, legalities, digital forensics and business continuity.
This book covers them all. ... and answers
This book will enable you to:
- understand the different types of Cloud and know which is the right one for your business
- have realistic expectations of what a Cloud service can give you, and enable you to manage it in the way that suits your business
- minimize potential disruption by successfully managing the risks and threats
- make appropriate changes to your business in order to seize opportunities offered by Cloud
- set up an effective governance system and benefit from the consequential cost savings and reductions in expenditure
- understand the legal implications of international data protection and privacy laws, and protect your business against falling foul of such laws
- know how Cloud can benefit your business
- continuity and disaster recovery planning.
About the Authors
Jared Carstensen is an internationally renowned information technology and information security specialist with Deloitte & Touche. Jared is a certified industry professional providing insight and expertise to various international clients, and has spoken at a number of international events information security and best practice. He is a member of the IT Governance Expert Panel and an advisory panel member for Standards.org.
Bernard Golden is the CEO of HyperStratus, a Silicon Valley Cloud Computing consultancy which works with clients throughout the world. Bernard is the Cloud Computing Advisor for CIO Magazine and an award-winning blogger. He has been described as a Top 100 'Most Powerful Voice' in security. He is a well-known writer and speaker on Cloud Computing.
JP Morgenthal is one of the world's foremost experts in IT strategy and Cloud Computing. He has been applying technology solutions to complex business problems for more than 25 years. He is a respected author and is the Lead Cloud Computing Editor for InfoQ. JP is also President of the Cloud Security Alliance Washington DC, USA Chapter.
In this Book
Cloud Computing—Assessing the Risks
Cloud Computing Explained
How Cloud Computing Changes Security, Governance, Risk and Compliance
Governance of Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing Top Security Risks
Assessing Security in the Cloud
Cloud Computing Application Security
Organisational Risks Associated with Cloud Computing
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery in Cloud Computing
Investigations and Forensics in the Cloud
Cloud Computing Borders – National and International Deployment
Evaluating Compliance in the Cloud
Where Cloud Computing is Heading