Communicating the User Experience: A Practical Guide for Creating Useful UX Documentation
- 3h 12m
- Richard Caddick, Steve Cable
- Richard Chang Associates
A clear and focused guide to creating useful user experience documentation
As web sites and applications become richer and more complex, the user experience (UX) becomes critical to their success. This indispensible and full-color book provides practical guidance on this growing field and shares valuable UX advice that you can put into practice immediately on your own projects. The authors examine why UX is gaining so much interest from web designers, graduates, and career changers and looks at the new UX tools and ideas that can help you do your job better. In addition, you'll benefit from the unique insight the authors provide from their experiences of working with some of the world's best-known companies, learning how to take ideas from business requirements, user research, and documentation to create and develop your UX vision.
- Explains how to create documentation that clearly communicates the vision for the UX design and the blueprint for how it's going to be developed
- Provides practical guidance that you can put to work right away on their own projects
- Looks at the new UX tools and ideas that are born every day, aimed at helping you do your job better and more efficiently
- Covers a variety of topics including user journeys, task models, funnel diagrams, content audits, sitemaps, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and more
Communicating the User Experience is an ideal resource for getting started with creating UX documentation.
About the Authors
RICHARD CADDICK set up cxpartners, a user-centered design agency, with Giles Colborne in 2004 with the aim of creating measurable differences for clients they love to work with. Richard has worked as a consultant for several well-known global brands, including Expedia, Jaguar, HSBC, and Nokia. Richard's most at home in workshops surrounded by pens, paper and whiteboards trying to refine and improve designs for users.
STEVE CABLE, a user experience consultant for cxpartners, spends every day wireframing, testing, and crafting documents that communicate the needs of users. He's consulted for global hotel chains, car manufacturers, eCommerce websites, music management applications, mobile sites, and too many more to mention. As an illustrator and a lover of info-graphics, Steve feels it's important to produce documents that not only communicate clearly but are as visually interesting as the data that sits behind them.
In this Book
Usability Test Reports