Effective MySQL: Replication Techniques in Depth
- 3h 38m
- Chris Schneider, Ronald Bradford
- Oracle Press
Written by Oracle ACE Director and MySQL expert Ronald Bradford, with coauthor Chris Schneider, Effective MySQL: Replication Techniques in Depth describes what is needed to understand and implement MySQL replication to build scalable solutions. This book includes detailed syntax examples to demonstrate the features, options, and limitations of native MySQL replication. Providing an evaluation of various new replication features and additional third-party product implementations, this Oracle Press guide helps to ensure your MySQL environment can support the various high-availability needs of your business.
- Master the strengths and limitations of native asynchronous replication in a MySQL topology
- Identify the important features to improve replication for growing business requirements
- Recognize the key business factors to determine your optimal high availability needs
- Understand the benefits of using MySQL replication for failover scenarios
- Identify the key configuration variables and SQL commands affecting master/ slave replication
- Learn about the advancements in replication techniques provided by new products, including Tungsten Replicator and Galera
- Optimize your replication management with various utilities and toolkits
About the Author
Ronald Bradford is an Oracle ACE Director and MySQL Community Member of the Year. He is also the visionary force behind this series. Bradford is a respected industry expert with more than 20 years of experience in the relational database field, with 12 years of experience working with MySQL. He combines his extensive consulting expertise with numerous public speaking events at conferences worldwide. Bradford is the author of Effective MySQL: Backup and Recovery and coauthor of Effective MySQL: Optimizing SQL Statements. He is the all-time top individual MySQL blogger, and his website is ronaldbradford.com.
Chris Schneider is a long-time MySQL Community Member and user. Throughout his career, he has designed, implemented, and maintained small- to large-scale MySQL installations while training and mentoring teams of database administrators. This includes building architectures from the ground up and improving on those that were currently in place, while emphasizing scalability, performance, and ease of use. Schneider has contributed to GoDaddy.com, Facebook.com, VMware, Virident, Plaxo.com, Ning.com, among other companies.
In this Book
The Five Minute DBA
Diagnosing Common Replication Problems
Improving Standard Replication Features
Using Multi-Master Replication
MySQL Replication Tools
Extending Replication for Practical Needs
MySQL Configuration Options