EU GDPR: A Pocket Guide, School's Edition
- Alan Calder
- IT Governance
A clear, concise primer on data protection in schools
EU GDPR: A Pocket Guide, Schools’edition is an essential resource for anyone in the education sector looking for a clear and concise overview of the key changes with practical advice.
The GDPR unifies data protection and the flow of personal data across the EU. It applies to every organisation in the world that monitors the behaviour of, or offers goods and services to, EU residents.
The Regulation introduced several key changes for schools, and ensuring compliance is a complex task.
Your essential guide to understanding the GDPR
The concise pocket guide explains:
- A brief history of data protection and national data protection laws in the EU, including the UK’s DPA (Data Protection Act);
- Simple explanations of the terms and definitions used in the GDPR;
- The key requirements of the GDPR;
- The need to appoint a DPO (data protection officer);
- The lawful basis of processing data and when consent is needed;
- How to comply with the Regulation; and
- A full index of the Regulation, enabling you to find relevant articles quickly and easily.
About the Author
Alan Calder, the founder and executive chairman of IT Governance Ltd, is an internationally acknowledged cyber security expert, and a leading author on information security and IT governance issues. He co-wrote the definitive compliance guide, IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and ISO27001/ISO27002, which is the basis for the Open University’s postgraduate course on information security, and has been involved in the development of a wide range of information security management training courses that have been accredited by IBITGQ (International Board for IT Governance Qualifications). Alan has consulted on data security for numerous clients in the UK and abroad, and is a regular media commentator and speaker.
In this Book
A Brief History of Data Protection
Terms and Definitions
Complying with the Regulation
Index of the Regulation
EU GDPR Resources