Goal Setting Strategies
- Tony Alessandra
- Tony Alessandra
For many years, people lived with the mistaken belief that their home life and their work could be totally separate. Many people gave their families and personal lives a back seat to their careers, chasing only the carrot of success while other facets of their lives suffered. It is undeniable that a person's needs and identity encompass more than what he or she does for a living.
We all need to keep our lives in balance. It is important to realize and accept the fact that many needs must be fulfilled if we are to be well adjusted and happy. Our basic needs fall into seven categories:
- Mental: The functions of your mind--memory, concentration, learning, creativity, reasoning, mathematical ability, etc.
- Physical: The many functions of your body--overall fitness, percent of body fat, skills and abilities, agility, endurance, etc.
- Family: Your relationships with the special people you consider part of your family
- Social: Your relationships with others outside the family and outside your business
- Spiritual: Your relationship between you and your Creator; also defined as the philosophical and humanitarian areas of your life
- Career: Your involvement in your chosen field, both on and off the job
- Financial: The management of your financial resources and obligations
This interactive Workbook covers several influences on one's life that can be positive or negative depending on the individual as well as the introduction of several suggested processes to follow that can lead to both a more successful career and a happier life in general.
Topics covered include:
- Assumptions and their effect on behavior
- Positive thinking
- Seven goal setting action planning sheets
- Six goal setting rules
- Visualization skills
- Choosing and using role models and mentors
- The thought diet card
About the Author
Dr. Tony Alessandra helps companies build customers, relationships, and the bottom-line. Audiences learn how to outmarket, outsell, and outservice the competition by applying Dr. Alessandra’s marketing, sales, service, and relationship-building skills.
Tony has a street-wise, college-smart perspective on business, achieving success as a graduate professor of marketing, entrepreneur, author, and consultant. He earned his PhD in marketing from Georgia State University and was inducted into the Speakers Hall of Fame in 1985.
Dr. Alessandra is the co-founder of MentorU.com, an online e-learning company providing training and coaching utilizing the latest Internet technologies.
Dr. Alessandra is a widely published author with 14 books translated into 14 foreign languages including The Platinum Rule and The Art of Managing People. He is featured in over 50 audio/video programs and films, including The Dynamics of Effective Listening and Non-Manipulative Selling.
Tony Alessandra reaches people - from the Board of Directors to the front-line employees. He delivers practical ideas and profitable bottom-line results “with a lot of snap” - so people can grasp it, remember it, and use it. Recognized by Meetings & Conventions Magazine as “one of America’s most electrifying speakers,” Tony’s polished style, powerful message, and proven ability as a consummate business strategist consistently earns rave reviews.
In this Book
Goal Setting Services