Handbook of Decision Analysis
- 7h 39m
- Eric R. Johnson, Gregory S. Parnell, Steven N. Tani, Terry A. Bresnick
- John Wiley & Sons (US)
Decision analysis provides powerful tools for addressing complex decisions that involve uncertainty and multiple objectives, yet most training materials on the subject overlook the soft skills that are essential for success in the field. This unique resource fills this gap in the decision analysis literature and features both soft personal/interpersonal skills and the hard technical skills involving mathematics and modeling.
Readers will learn how to identify and overcome the numerous challenges of decision making, choose the appropriate decision process, lead and manage teams, and create value for their organization. Performing modeling analysis, assessing risk, and implementing decisions are also addressed throughout. Additional features include:
- Key insights gleaned from decision analysis applications and behavioral decision analysis research
- Integrated coverage of the techniques of single- and multiple-objective decision analysis
- Multiple qualitative and quantitative techniques presented for each key decision analysis task
- Three substantive real-world case studies illustrating diverse strategies for dealing with the challenges of decision making
- Extensive references for mathematical proofs and advanced topics
The Handbook of Decision Analysis is an essential reference for academics and practitioners in various fields including business, operations research, engineering, and science. The book also serves as a supplement for courses at the upper-undergraduate and graduate levels.
About the Authors
GREGORY S. PARNELL, PhD, is Professor of Systems Engineering at the United States Military Academy at West Point and Executive Principal Analyst with Innovative Decisions, Inc.
TERRY A. BRESNICK, MBA, is Cofounder of Innovative Decisions, Inc. and President of Innovative Decision Analysis, Inc.
STEVEN N. TANI, PhD, is Partner and Fellow of Strategic Decisions Group.
ERIC R. JOHNSON, PhD, is Associate Director at Bristol-Myers Squibb.
In this Book
Introduction to Decision Analysis
Foundations of Decision Analysis
Decision Analysis Soft Skills
Use the Appropriate Decision Process
Frame the Decision Opportunity
Craft the Decision Objectives and Value Measures
Design Creative Alternatives
Perform Deterministic Analysis and Develop Insights
Perform Probabilistic Analysis and Identify Insights
Portfolio Resource Allocation
Communicating with Decision Makers and Stakeholders
Enable Decision Implementation
Summary of Major Themes