Interpretation of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Third Edition
- 2h 23m
- Daniel E. Puncochar, Ken Evans
- Industrial Press
Completely updated for ASME Y14.5-2009! Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) has become accepted around the world as the international symbolic language that allows engineers and machinists to use engineering drawings to communicate from the design stage through manufacturing and inspection. Deductively organized, this book is a complete on-the-job reference that provides a thorough understanding to the complex ASME Y14.5-2009 "Dimensioning and the Tolerancing" standard.
- Uses a "building-block" approach with examples (some dimensioned and toleranced in inches and some in millimeters) to illustrate each concept.
- Reinforces the explanations with end-of-chapter self evaluation exercises (the answers to all questions and problems are contained in the back of the book).
- Includes over one hundred drawings that illustrate concepts under discussion.
- Provides the information needed to become conversant in the techniques of GD&T and how to smoothly integrate this knowledge into engineering design and modern inspection systems.
In this Book
Symbols and Abreviations
Feature Control Frames
Form, Orientation, Profile and Runout Tolerances
Tolerances of Location
Answers to Questions