Java XML and JSON
- 3h 1m
- Jeff Friesen
This book describes the popular XML and JSON data-interchange languages. You'll explore each language and learn how to parse/create XML-based documents and parse JSON-based documents via various Java APIs. You will also learn how XML and JSON are applied and used in AJAX (and AJAJ), Android, Big Data, and Web Services contexts, all from the Java perspective.
Each chapter ends with select exercises designed to challenge your grasp of the chapter's content. An appendix provides the answers to these exercises. A second appendix presents a list of developer questions about XML and JSON along with my answers to these questions.
What you'll learn
- How to use Java, JSON and XML together to build services, big data
- How to use XML; parse XML documents with SAX, DOM, StAX; selecting nodes with XPath; and transform XML documents with XSLT
- What is JSON and how to explore parsing JSON content with Google GSON, Jackson, Quick JSON
- How to roll your own JSON APIs
- How to use XML and JSON with Ajax, Android, big data and web services
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate or advanced Java programmers/developers.
About the Author
Jeff Friesen is a freelance tutor and software developer with an emphasis on Java (and now Android). In addition to authoring Learn Java for Android Development and co-authoring Android Recipes -- Jeff has written numerous articles on Java and other technologies for JavaWorld, informIT, Java.net, DevSource and more.
In this Book
Java XML and JSON
Parsing XML Documents with SAX
Parsing and Creating XML Documents with DOM
Parsing and Creating XML Documents with StAX
Selecting Nodes with XPath
Transforming XML Documents with XSLT
Parsing and Creating JSON Objects with mJson
Parsing and Creating JSON Objects with Gson
Extracting JSON Values with JsonPath
Answers to Exercises