Managers, Can You Hear Me Now?: Hard-Hitting Lessons on How to Get Real Results
- 2h 58m
- Denny F. Strigl, Frank Swiatek
For managers, behavior is the real key to achievement. In order to stop struggling and start delivering, you need to close the gap between what you know and what you do. That's been Denny Strigl's method, and now it can be yours, too.
Among the most prominent architects of the wireless communications industry, the former Verizon Wireless president and CEO has had one of the most remarkable careers in modern business. In Managers, Can You Hear Me Now?, Strigl shares all the skills and techniques he used to build Verizon into one of the greatest growth companies in any industry. You'll learn how to:
- Create a corporate culture where trust, respect, and integrity flourish- and employees and customers alike are appropriately served
- "Eliminate the fluff," get focused, and stop wasting time on things that don't matter
- Address issues proactively before they become problems--even employee performance issues
- Get past your "blind spots," reinforce priorities consistently, and communicate with clarity
- Master the Four Fundamentals of Management: growing revenue, getting new customers, keeping the customers you already have, and eliminating costs
Managers, Can You Hear Me Now? includes additional suggestions for bringing the best of your energy and passion into your work, helpful anedcotes from Strigl's career, simple self-assessment questions, and even a look at how your business day as a successful manager should play out.
Whether you're the CEO of a large corporation or run your own small business, the lessons from Managers, Can You Hear Me Now? are sure to come through--loud and clear.
About the Authors
Denny F. Strigl, former president and CEO of Verizon Wireless, spent four decades in the telecommunications industry. He serves on the board of directors of the Eastman Kodak Company, PNC Financial Services and PNC Bank, and Anadigics, Inc.
Frank Swiatek is a performance consultant and speaker who has had more than 3,400 speaking engagements and seminars and has worked for more than 25 Fortune 500 companies, including Verizon Wireless.
In this Book
Why Managers Struggle
The Power of Trust: Integrity, Openness, and Respect
The First Obligation of a Manager: Get Results
Keeping Things Simple
The Leader Models Accountability and Builds it in Others
Accountability Techniques for Driving Results
The Mindset of Successful Managers
Building a Culture of Performance