Mastering Leadership: An Integrated Framework for Breakthrough Performance and Extraordinary Business Results
- 5h 38m
- Robert J. Anderson, William A. Adams
- John Wiley & Sons (US)
Is your leadership a competitive advantage, or is it costing you? How do you know? Are you developing your leadership effectiveness at the pace of change?
For most leaders today, complexity is outpacing their personal and collective development. Most leaders are in over their heads, whether they know it or not. The most successful organizations over time are the best led. While this has always been true, today escalating global complexity puts leadership effectiveness at a premium. Mastering Leadership involves developing the effectiveness of leaders—individually and collectively—and turning that leadership into a competitive advantage. This comprehensive roadmap for optimal leadership features:
- Breakthrough research that connects increased leadership effectiveness with enhanced business performance
- The first fully integrated Universal Model of Leadership—one that integrates the best theory and research in the fields of Leadership and Organizational Development over the last half century
- A free, online self-assessment of your leadership, using the Leadership Circle Profile, visibly outlining how you are currently leading and how to develop even greater effectiveness
- The five stages in the evolution of leadership—Egocentric, Reactive, Creative, Integral, and Unitive—along with the organizational structures and cultures that develop at each of these stages
- Six leadership practices for evolving your leadership capability at a faster pace
- A map of your optimal path to greater leadership effectiveness
- Case stories that facilitate pragmatic application of this Leadership Development System to your particular situation
This timeless, authoritative text provides a systemic approach for developing your senior leaders and the leadership system of your organization. It does not recommend quick fixes, but argues that real development requires a strategic, long-term, and integrated approach in order to forge more effective leaders and enhanced business performance. Mastering Leadership offers a developmental pathway to bring forth the highest and best use of yourself, your life, and your leadership. By more meaningfully deploying all of who you are every day, individually and collectively, you will achieve a leadership legacy consistent with your highest aspirations.
About the Authors
ROBERT J. ANDERSON is the Founder and Chairman of The Leadership Circle and the Full Circle Group. He has been a pacesetter and visionary in the leadership development field for 30 years.
WILLIAM A. ADAMS is the CEO of The Leadership Circle and the Full Circle Group. He has been a practice leader in the field for 30 years. His clients include the CEOs and teams of major Fortune 500 corporations (public and private) and private equity start-up businesses.
In this Book
Introduction—A Universal Model of Leadership and the Leadership Circle Profile Assessment
The Promise of Leadership—Meeting the High Bar of Expectations
Leadership Effectiveness and Business Performance—The Primary Competitive Advantage
Mastery and Maturity, Consciousness and Complexity—The Leadership Development Agenda
Stages of Development—The Backbone of the Universal Model of Leadership
Five Levels of Leadership—Structures of Mind and Performance
The Universal Model and Metrics—Global Leadership, Cross-Cultural, and Gender Application
The Leadership System—The Central Organizing System
Reactive Leadership—An Insufficient Triumph of Development
Reactive Leadership at Work—From Patriarchy to Partnership
Creative Leadership—Fulfilling the Promise of Leadership
Six Leadership Practices—Spiritual Boot Camp for Leaders
Integral Leadership—Built for Complexity, Designed for Transformation
Unity—Journey's End, Development Turned Upside down