Mastering Software Project Management: Best Practices, Tools and Techniques
- 6h 34m
- Murali Chemuturi, Thomas M. Cagley, Jr.
- J. Ross Publishing
This unique guide explains software project management from the standpoint of a software project manager working in a professional software development organization. It covers the subject of software project management in its entirety, including project acquisition and execution with backward linkages to concepts that play a facilitation role in successful project management, such as general management, decision making, people management, motivation, productivity and expectations management. This comprehensive reference provides all the guidance, best practices, tools and techniques needed to master software project management and achieve superior results.
- Details all facets of software project management planning from training through deployment and contains templates for practitioners
- Explains decision-making concepts from the perspective of software project managers and includes tools and techniques for making quantitative decisions
- Discusses management of work, configuration, quality management, productivity, team morale and stakeholder (customers, senior executives, and the project team) expectations in great detail
- Describes the aspects of project control and details general concepts and tools that will assist the project manager
- Presents best practices and pitfalls to avoid for nearly ever topic discussed to enhance software project manager performance
About the Authors
Murali Chemuturi is an information technology and software development subject matter expert, hands-on programmer, author, consultant and trainer. He has more than 25 years of information technology and software development experience and several years of academic experience teaching a variety of computer & IT courses. In 2001, he formed his own IT consulting, training and software development firm known as Chemuturi Consultants. Mr. Chemuturi’s undergraduate degrees and diplomas are in Electrical and Industrial Engineering and he holds an MBA and a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Methods & Programming. He is a published author in professional journals, a member of IEEE, a senior member of the Computer Society of India and a Fellow at the Indian Institute of Industrial Engineering.
Thomas M. Cagley Jr. has over 20 years experience in the software industry. He currently leads the David Consulting Group’s IT Performance Improvement, Software Process Improvement and Software Measurement consulting practices. He is also the current president of the International Function Point Users Group and is a Certified Function Point Specialist. Tom is a frequent speaker at metrics, quality and project management conferences. Tom earned his BS from Louisiana State University and has done extensive postgraduate work at Cleveland State University, Case Western Reserve University and Kent State University.
In this Book
Software Project Basics
Approaches to Software Project Management
Software Project Acquisition
Software Project Initiation
Software Project Planning
Software Project Execution
Software Project Execution Control
Change Management in Software Development Projects
Software Project Closure
Agile Project Management
Pitfalls and Best Practices in Software Project Management