Moving to Office 365: Planning and Migration Guide
- 4h 23m
- Matt Katzer
This book takes a concentrated look at the very latest best practices for Office 365 migration, with a focus on the needs of senior managers, IT managers, and others involved in key decisions when moving their business to the cloud.
Based on popular chapters in his first book, Office 365: Migrating and Managing Your Business in the Cloud (Apress Open, co-authored with Don Crawford), author Matt Katzer revises and expands on his original material to bring you the latest guidance on planning methods, management best practices, personnel decisions, and migration and maintenance costs, along with brand new material on some of the most important and cutting-edge considerations when moving your business to the cloud: securing company data, and driving collaboration in the workplace.
Topics covered include:
- The Office 365 cloud security model and best practices to apply when securing your business in the cloud
- Microsoft Office 365 operation and usage options for any size enterprise
- Proven methods for planning and minimizing disruption
- A step-by-step migration plan
- How to improve employee collaboration and productivity through use of Office 365’s collaborative apps, including Excel, Outlook Web Access, OneDrive, and Skype for Business
- Office 365 site management advice for IT administrators and business owners
Moving to Office 365 provides practical and planning guidance for business owners, and CIO/CTOs and IT managers who have responsibility for the IT needs of their business.
About the Author
Matt Katzer created KAMIND in 1998 to supply solutions using Microsoft and Intel Technologies for small- and medium-size business. Prior to creating KAMIND, Matt worked for Intel Corporation for 17 years managing Engineering development and IT projects. After leaving Intel, Matt pursued the development of technology-related inventions and holds 19 domestic and international patents in related areas. Matt s focus with cloud solutions started in 2009, looking at ways that businesses could improve productivity and reduce operating costs. Matt holds a BSEE from the University of Michigan and an Executive MBA from the University of Oregon.
In this Book
Why Office 365
Understanding the End User Experience Using Office 365
Office 365: The Apps
Security Best Practices
Deployment Step by Step
Workstation Setup Configuration for Office 365
Managing Your Office 365 Deployment