Negotiate to Win: The 21 Rules for Successful Negotiation
- 4h 30m
- Jim Thomas
Negotiation is one skill everyone needs in order to get more of what they want -- to sell more, to keep costs down, to manage better, to strengthen relationships -- to win! Thomas shows you exactly how the best negotiators reach long-lasting positive solutions that build profits, performance, and relationships.
This indispensable guide covers all you'll ever need to know about negotiating, including:
- The 21 rules of successful negotiating -- and how to defend against them!
- "Quickies" -- specific tips on how to successfully negotiate with bosses, children, car dealers, contractors, auto mechanics, and many others
- Why Americans are among the worst negotiators on Earth
- How to overcome your natural reluctance to bargain
- Why win-win negotiating is so vital
- How to thoroughly prepare for your negotiations
- How to deal with counterparts who intimidate or harass you
- How to negotiate ethically -- and deal with those who don't
- How to negotiate more successfully across cultural lines
- Thomas's Truisms -- 50 memorable negotiating maxims
- The psychology of negotiating, historical illustrations, day-to-day applications, and much, much more!
About the Author
JIM THOMAS is a Washington, D.C., negotiator, attorney, business owner, speaker, and author. He has been a world-class negotiator for over 25 years. His work includes mergers and acquisitions, arms control, labor relations, trade and diplomacy, domestic and international business, the environment, real estate, and a host of other fields. His talks and seminars on negotiation have been enthusiastically received by tens of thousands in the United States and abroad. His client list includes most of the Fortune 500 and many prominent nonprofit groups, professional and trade associations, and federal, state, and local government agencies. He is the founder and CEO of Common Ground Seminars and a graduate of UCLA and Georgetown University Law Center.
In this Book
Negotiate To Win—The 21 Rules for Successful Negotiation
Haggling Is Hot
Trashing the Hallowed Halls of Haggling
Why Johnny and Janey Can’t Negotiate
Concessions Speak Louder Than Reasons
The Critical Rules
The Important but Obvious Rules
The Nice to Do Rules
Putting It All Together