Oracle Business Intelligence Applications: Deliver Value Through Rapid Implementations
- 5h 50m
- Simon Miller, William Hutchinson
- Oracle Press
Oracle Business Intelligence Applications: Deliver Value Through Rapid Implementations shows how to justify, configure, customize, and extend this complete package of BI solutions. You'll get a technical walkthrough of Oracle Business Intelligence Applications architecture--from the dashboard to the data source--followed by best practices for maximizing the powerful features of each application. You will also find out about stakeholders critical to project approval and success.
Note: this is not a technical deep dive book, as the Oracle product documentation already provides this. It is specific to Oracle BI Applications 188.8.131.52 and earlier (Informatica).
- Optimize performance using Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Deliver timely financial information to managers with Oracle Financial Analytics
- Enable a streamlined, demand-driven supply chain via Oracle Supply Chain and Order Management Analytics
- Provide end-to-end visibility into manufacturing operations with Oracle Manufacturing Analytics
- Optimize supply-side performance through Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics
- Use Oracle Human Resources Analytics to provide key workforce information to managers and HR professionals
- Track the costs and labor required to maintain and operate assets with Oracle Enterprise Asset Management Analytics
- Maintain visibility into project performance via Oracle Project Analytics
- Provide actionable insight into sales opportunities using Oracle Sales Analytics
- Enable superior customer service with Oracle Service Analytics
About the Authors
Simon Miller is a Master Principal Sales Consultant at Oracle, specializing in Oracle’s prebuilt BI Applications. Over the past 15 years he has worked exclusively in the BI Technology, Architecture, and Analytics space across North America and parts of Europe. Simon was originally trained on what is now Oracle’s prebuilt BI Applications in April 2002. He is responsible for working with one of Oracle’s largest customers, supporting both evaluations and implementations of Oracle BI Applications. Prior to Oracle, Simon worked at Siebel and was the first Siebel Analytics Master Certified resource in Canada. He has won numerous awards, including Oracle BI Sales Consultant of the Year for North America in 2008, and a Global Leadership Award from his primary customer in 2012. Simon has a BS degree from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario.
William Hutchinson is a Master Principal Sales Consultant at Oracle, specializing in Oracle’s BI tools and applications. He has worked in business intelligence and data warehousing for more than 25 years. Will started building data warehouses in 1986 at Metaphor, advancing to running Metaphor UK’s sales consulting area. He also worked in A.T. Kearney’s business intelligence practice for over four years, running projects and providing training to new consultants in the IT practice. In addition, Will worked at Informatica and then Siebel, before coming to Oracle with the Siebel acquisition. He became Master Principal Sales Consultant in 2009. Will has worked on developing ROI and TCO models for business intelligence for more than 10 years. He has a BS degree in chemical engineering from Princeton University and an MBA in finance from the University of Chicago.
In this Book
Crash Course in Data Warehouse Survival
Don't Reinvent Any Wheels
Oracle BI Applications Architecture
Exalytics: Go Fast, Not Slow
Order Management and Supply Chain Analytics
Procurement and Spend Analytics
Enterprise Asset Management Analytics
Service Analytics and Contact Center Telephony Analytics
Making it Yours Without Ruining the Foundation