Penetration Testing for Jobseekers: Perform Ethical Hacking across Web Apps, Networks, Mobile Devices using Kali Linux, Burp Suite, MobSF, and Metasploit
- 3h 58m
- Debasish Mandal
- BPB Publications
Understand and Conduct Ethical Hacking and Security Assessments
- Practical guidance on discovering, assessing, and mitigating web, network, mobile, and wireless vulnerabilities.
- Experimentation with Kali Linux, Burp Suite, MobSF, Metasploit and Aircrack-suite.
- In-depth explanation of topics focusing on how to crack ethical hacking interviews.
Penetration Testing for Job Seekers is an attempt to discover the way to a spectacular career in cyber security, specifically penetration testing. This book offers a practical approach by discussing several computer and network fundamentals before delving into various penetration testing approaches, tools, and techniques.
Written by a veteran security professional, this book provides a detailed look at the dynamics that form a person's career as a penetration tester. This book is divided into ten chapters and covers numerous facets of penetration testing, including web application, network, Android application, wireless penetration testing, and creating excellent penetration test reports. This book also shows how to set up an in-house hacking lab from scratch to improve your skills. A penetration tester's professional path, possibilities, average day, and day-to-day obstacles are all outlined to help readers better grasp what they may anticipate from a cybersecurity career.
Using this book, readers will be able to boost their employability and job market relevance, allowing them to sprint towards a lucrative career as a penetration tester.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Perform penetration testing on web apps, networks, android apps, and wireless networks.
- Access to the most widely used penetration testing methodologies and standards in the industry.
- Use an artistic approach to find security holes in source code.
- Learn how to put together a high-quality penetration test report.
- Popular technical interview questions on ethical hacker and pen tester job roles.
- Exploration of different career options, paths, and possibilities in cyber security.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for aspiring security analysts, pen testers, ethical hackers, anyone who wants to learn how to become a successful pen tester. A fundamental understanding of network principles and workings is helpful but not required.
About the Author
Debasish Mandal is an Information Security professional working in the domain of Pentesting, Red-Teaming and vulnerability research. He has 10 years of experience in the domain of cyber security. Debasish has presented his security research work at various international security conferences like Blackhat. He has also published several patents in the past around cyber-attack detection engineering. He is also a regular contributor to infosec. open-source community.
In this Book
Cybersecurity, Career Path, and Prospects
Introduction to Penetration Testing
Setting Up Your Lab for Penetration Testing
Web Application and API Penetration Testing
The Art of Secure Source Code Review
Penetration Testing Android Mobile Applications
Network Penetration Testing
Wireless Penetration Testing
Report Preparation and Documentation
A Day in the Life of a PenTester